GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   *&%%*£ weather! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/93370-%2A-%25%25%2A%A3-weather.html)

Sacha 02-05-2005 10:08 AM

*&%%*£ weather!

I wonder how the rest of you are faring this w/e? We have had some very
mixed weather but none of that blazing heat we were promised - dull, cloudy,
some rain and to cap it all, it is *pouring* with rain this morning - and on
what should be one of the nurseryman's busiest days of the year!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Mike 02-05-2005 10:19 AM

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
I wonder how the rest of you are faring this w/e? We have had some very
mixed weather but none of that blazing heat we were promised - dull,

cloudy,
some rain and to cap it all, it is *pouring* with rain this morning - and

on
what should be one of the nurseryman's busiest days of the year!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove the weeds to email me)

Scorching hot on the Isle of Wight yesterday.

A bit of rain first thing this morning.

Sun now out, sky clearing and bright blue sky :-))

Mike
on the Isle of Wight :-))

Jellylegs 02-05-2005 10:52 AM

"Mike" wrote in message
"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
I wonder how the rest of you are faring this w/e? We have had some very
mixed weather but none of that blazing heat we were promised - dull,

cloudy,
some rain and to cap it all, it is *pouring* with rain this morning - and

on
what should be one of the nurseryman's busiest days of the year!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove the weeds to email me)

Scorching hot on the Isle of Wight yesterday.

A bit of rain first thing this morning.

Sun now out, sky clearing and bright blue sky :-))

Mike
on the Isle of Wight :-))

Absolutely poured yersterday lunch time and remained
intermitten all through the day.

Today black clouds and spitting occasionally,Glasgow.

Ceri Davies 02-05-2005 11:59 AM

On 2005-05-02, Sacha wrote:
I wonder how the rest of you are faring this w/e? We have had some very
mixed weather but none of that blazing heat we were promised - dull, cloudy,
some rain and to cap it all, it is *pouring* with rain this morning - and on
what should be one of the nurseryman's busiest days of the year!

Cardiff:
Beautiful sunshine right up until I got to the front door, whereupon it
started to bucket down. Drinking tea out of a flask just doesn't seem
the same at home...

Ceri
not sure about the former. -- Einstein (attrib.)

Mike 02-05-2005 12:15 PM

A bit of rain first thing this morning.

Sun now out, sky clearing and bright blue sky :-))

:-((

Now clouding over.

Sacha 02-05-2005 12:26 PM

On 2/5/05 12:06, in article ,
"martin" wrote:

On Mon, 02 May 2005 10:08:46 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

I wonder how the rest of you are faring this w/e? We have had some very
mixed weather but none of that blazing heat we were promised - dull, cloudy,
some rain and to cap it all, it is *pouring* with rain this morning - and on
what should be one of the nurseryman's busiest days of the year!

It reached 25DegC for about 30 minutes here in NL yesterday. Summer
finished sometime later and it's been pouring down since. Some might
say the garden needs it. :-)

Tcha! Not this garden - it's sodden. We can't even weed it for fear of
compacting the soil when we tread on it! My daughter has just rung me from
London and says it's lovely there!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

pammyT 02-05-2005 02:04 PM

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...

wrote:

I wonder how the rest of you are faring this w/e? We have had some

very
mixed weather but none of that blazing heat we were promised - dull,

cloudy,
some rain and to cap it all, it is *pouring* with rain this morning -

and on
what should be one of the nurseryman's busiest days of the year!

It reached 25DegC for about 30 minutes here in NL yesterday. Summer
finished sometime later and it's been pouring down since. Some might
say the garden needs it. :-)

Tcha! Not this garden - it's sodden. We can't even weed it for fear of
compacting the soil when we tread on it! My daughter has just rung me

from
London and says it's lovely there!

Dry sunny and breezy here in North cambs. Not exactly cold but not as warm
as last week.Perfect for drying laundry though, or gardening.

Kay 02-05-2005 04:17 PM

In article , Sacha
writes
I wonder how the rest of you are faring this w/e? We have had some very
mixed weather but none of that blazing heat we were promised - dull, cloudy,
some rain and to cap it all, it is *pouring* with rain this morning - and on
what should be one of the nurseryman's busiest days of the year!

Saturday - a bit of drizzle in the morning, but the promised heavier
rain failed to materialise, and we had a fantastic day wandering over
the Dales, including finding a cave with the most fantastic display of
stalactities and flowstone imaginable - a real unexpected bonus.

Sunday - sunshine especially late afternoon, lovely walk through local
park.

Today - scorching hot, breakfast on terrace, lunch in garden. At 3.0 it
clouded over and is now raining, which is fortunate as I have lots of
things I need to do indoors ;-)

--
Kay

Jellylegs 02-05-2005 05:02 PM

Absolutely poured yersterday lunch time and remained
intermitten all through the day.

Today black clouds

of gnats?

and spitting occasionally,

bloody football hooligans! :-)

Glasgow.

--
Martin

Nice one Martin,had a wee giggle and brightened up my day.

Sacha 02-05-2005 05:04 PM

On 2/5/05 13:00, in article ,
"martin" wrote:

On Mon, 02 May 2005 12:26:53 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 2/5/05 12:06, in article
,

wrote:

I wonder how the rest of you are faring this w/e? We have had some very
mixed weather but none of that blazing heat we were promised - dull,
cloudy,
some rain and to cap it all, it is *pouring* with rain this morning - and
on
what should be one of the nurseryman's busiest days of the year!

It reached 25DegC for about 30 minutes here in NL yesterday. Summer
finished sometime later and it's been pouring down since. Some might
say the garden needs it. :-)

Tcha! Not this garden - it's sodden. We can't even weed it for fear of
compacting the soil when we tread on it! My daughter has just rung me from
London and says it's lovely there!

There are thunderstorms north of you
http://www.enkhuizen-meteo.nl/onweer.htm

Oh boy. Thanks. ;-( We have had a brighter afternoon but it's cloudy now
and a strong wind has blown almost since lunchtime. I really do hate the
wind because it's so damned destructive and it makes everyone a little edgy,
I think.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Mike 02-05-2005 05:19 PM

Oh boy. Thanks. ;-( We have had a brighter afternoon but it's cloudy now
and a strong wind has blown almost since lunchtime. I really do hate the
wind because it's so damned destructive and it makes everyone a little

edgy,
I think.
--

Slight breeze.

Lowering sun.

Looks like a very pleasant evening :-))

Just a few wispy clouds

Nice and warm considering the conditions.

Mike
On the Isle of Wight

:-))

Mike 02-05-2005 05:22 PM

Looks like a very pleasant evening :-))

Just a few wispy clouds

Nice and warm considering the conditions.

Pity we didn't have a Barbie organised ;-)

Mike

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Ass. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Spitfire Fly Past

Bob Hobden 02-05-2005 11:09 PM

"Sacha" wrote ...
I wonder how the rest of you are faring this w/e? We have had some very
mixed weather but none of that blazing heat we were promised - dull,
cloudy,
some rain and to cap it all, it is *pouring* with rain this morning - and
on
what should be one of the nurseryman's busiest days of the year!

Lovely weekend here, a few spots of rain but not enough to even wet the
patio during the day though it must have rained last night, blazing sunshine
for most of the time. I can feel I've burnt my head out on the allotments
today.

--
Regards
Bob

Klara 02-05-2005 11:38 PM

In message , Bob Hobden
writes
Lovely weekend here, a few spots of rain but not enough to even wet the
patio during the day though it must have rained last night, blazing
sunshine for most of the time. I can feel I've burnt my head out on the
allotments today.

Yes, beautiful - real summer for the whole day...

--
Klara, Gatwick basin

Sacha 03-05-2005 09:38 AM

On 2/5/05 23:38, in article , "Klara"
wrote:

In message , Bob Hobden
writes
Lovely weekend here, a few spots of rain but not enough to even wet the
patio during the day though it must have rained last night, blazing
sunshine for most of the time. I can feel I've burnt my head out on the
allotments today.

Yes, beautiful - real summer for the whole day...

And Americans wonder why we don't 'do' zones! It's grey and
rain-threatening here again today and I'm looking up flight
schedules.....;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk