Old 19-05-2005, 12:05 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Eastern Daily Press, 18th May, Centro - (centre pages) -

"And special today - roasted squirrel..."

www.edp24.co.uk/eatingout

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 19-05-2005, 12:39 PM
BAC

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...
Eastern Daily Press, 18th May, Centro - (centre pages) -

"And special today - roasted squirrel..."

www.edp24.co.uk/eatingout

I wonder whether the recipe starts 'First drown your squirrel ...'?

Old 19-05-2005, 03:33 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "BAC" contains these words:
"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...

Eastern Daily Press, 18th May, Centro - (centre pages) -

"And special today - roasted squirrel..."

www.edp24.co.uk/eatingout

I wonder whether the recipe starts 'First drown your squirrel ...'?

No. 'Fraid not.

You can read about Butler's Wharf Chop House at www.conran.co.uk/

Read What Giles Coren thought of the dish at
www.timesonline.co.uk/foodanddrink

Old 19-05-2005, 06:42 PM
Alan Holmes

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Alan Holmes" contains these words:

As I'm a very simple man and cannot understand complicated manuscripts
please
do not refer me to a source where the text is more than a few words long.

If only!

If you would take the trouble to edit your replies to a
comprehensible size, you would probably find it a whole lot easier to
follow conversations here and grasp the simple facts which people have
patiently repeated for you.

Yes, sorry about that, I do try, but sometimes it's difficult to know
whix=ch bits to but and what to leave so others can follw the subject.

I promise to do better in future!

--
alan

reply to alan(dot)holmes27(at)virgin(dot)net

Old 19-05-2005, 06:42 PM
Alan Holmes

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Alan Holmes" contains these words:

And am I falling for it?

He's been posting to this group for years under the same name so you
should know by now that he's not a troll. You, on the other hand, are
testing the limits of the great forbearance shown to you, personally, by
the rest of this group. Please give it a rest.

I agree, this has been going on far to long, but those who raise objections
clearly have never had to deal with this sort of pest, and many of the
suggestions as to how to deal with it are completly impractical.

This will be my last word on the subject.

Do I hear lots of cheering!(:-)

--
alan

reply to alan(dot)holmes27(at)virgin(dot)net

Janet.

Old 20-05-2005, 11:03 AM
BAC

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Alan Holmes" contains these words:

And am I falling for it?

He's been posting to this group for years under the same name so you
should know by now that he's not a troll. You, on the other hand, are
testing the limits of the great forbearance shown to you, personally, by
the rest of this group. Please give it a rest.

I agree, this has been going on far to long, but those who raise

objections
clearly have never had to deal with this sort of pest, and many of the
suggestions as to how to deal with it are completly impractical.

Those 'completely impractical' suggestions are contained primarily in the
Forestry Commission Guidance Note on how to deal with Grey Squirrels, which,
from your remarks, you evidently can't have bothered to read.

Obviously, you have chosen to ignore all the information brought to your
attention which clearly establishes that killing mammals by drowning is not
prima facie regarded as a humane means of dispatch in this country. At
least, if you are eventually prosecuted for your actions, you won't be able
to claim no-one warned you about it.

Old 20-05-2005, 05:52 PM
Paula

On Thu, 19 May 2005 17:42:42 GMT, "Alan Holmes"
wrote:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Alan Holmes" contains these words:

And am I falling for it?

He's been posting to this group for years under the same name so you
should know by now that he's not a troll. You, on the other hand, are
testing the limits of the great forbearance shown to you, personally, by
the rest of this group. Please give it a rest.

I agree, this has been going on far to long, but those who raise objections
clearly have never had to deal with this sort of pest, and many of the
suggestions as to how to deal with it are completly impractical.

This will be my last word on the subject.

Do I hear lots of cheering!(:-)

BAC infamous! nah :-)