Old 06-05-2005, 03:05 PM
spakker

Default hebe with an ugly black sooty coating

Hebe - I think Autumn Glory -in a small east-facing front garden has thrived
for some years but now has an ugly black 'sooty' coating on some top growths
..Think plantmaybe 6-8 yrs old. Any advice appreciated. Have searched a bit
but am not getting useful answers.

Old 06-05-2005, 06:15 PM
Emrys Davies

"spakker" wrote in message
Hebe - I think Autumn Glory -in a small east-facing front garden has

thrived
for some years but now has an ugly black 'sooty' coating on some top

growths
.Think plantmaybe 6-8 yrs old. Any advice appreciated. Have searched a

bit
but am not getting useful answers.

These sites should help you solve your problem.

http://tinyurl.com/ds4hz

http://www.mdvaden.com/advice-landscape.shtml
(Scroll to Black Sooty mold on Plants.......)

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 07-05-2005, 09:18 AM
spakker

Thanks ,Emrys, there is a large lime tree growing in the verge in front of
next-door's, and I was aware of the sticky aphid excrement presence but I've
never had the sooty stuff before!
"spakker" wrote in message
Hebe - I think Autumn Glory -in a small east-facing front garden has

thrived
for some years but now has an ugly black 'sooty' coating on some top

growths
.Think plantmaybe 6-8 yrs old. Any advice appreciated. Have searched a bit
but am not getting useful answers.

Hebe Andersonii Variegata Variegated Hebe Paddy's Pig[_3_] Garden Photos 0 23-03-2010 09:41 AM
Black sooty deposit on Bottlebrush Tonto_Goldstein Australia 6 12-04-2006 04:57 AM
Hebe or not Hebe Twobtold Gardening 9 29-08-2004 08:33 PM
My Honeysuckle Vine Is Developing A Strange White Fluffy Coating jim evans Gardening 3 23-05-2004 03:03 PM
Coating on slate walkway... Carl Beyer Ponds 2 18-09-2003 07:02 PM