Old 07-05-2005, 12:46 PM
Sue Begg

Default Temptation for the Scottishurglers

In message , Janet Baraclough
writes

Treat for those of you within reach of north Ayrshire. I've just
discovered East Lugtonridge Garden, a private plant nursery selling
"herbaceous, rare ,unusual and old-favourites", all propagated by the
owner. Well worth a trip (and her husband has a little "reclamation"
yard in an old barn, selling old troughs, seats he's made from old stone
etc). It's signposted down a farm track, 3/4 of a mile south of
Burnhouse, on the A736 Barrhead-Irvine road.

Janet.

I have a trip to see a friend in Arran coming up in the next few weeks.
Might have to take my cheque book and do a detour :-))
--
Sue Begg
Remove my clothes to reply

Do not mess in the affairs of dragons - for
you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Old 07-05-2005, 10:25 PM
Scottish Quilter

On Sat, 7 May 2005 12:46:23 +0100, Sue Begg
wrote:

In message , Janet Baraclough
writes

Treat for those of you within reach of north Ayrshire. I've just
discovered East Lugtonridge Garden, a private plant nursery selling
"herbaceous, rare ,unusual and old-favourites", all propagated by the
owner. Well worth a trip (and her husband has a little "reclamation"
yard in an old barn, selling old troughs, seats he's made from old stone
etc). It's signposted down a farm track, 3/4 of a mile south of
Burnhouse, on the A736 Barrhead-Irvine road.

Janet.

I have a trip to see a friend in Arran coming up in the next few weeks.
Might have to take my cheque book and do a detour :-))

Interestingly someone locally told me about this place-------said it
was *wonderful". Hope to go as soon as we get back from holiday, we
are just down the road from it!
There is also another good plant nursery ( not a garden centre) on the
Lugton Rd, called McLarens, it is used by all the local garden centres
and others for plants but is happy to sell retail as well.
Elma Renfrewshire, Scotland, UK
Old 08-05-2005, 02:27 AM
Alan Gabriel

"Scottish Quilter" wrote in message
On Sat, 7 May 2005 12:46:23 +0100, Sue Begg
snip
There is also another good plant nursery ( not a garden centre) on the
Lugton Rd, called McLarens, it is used by all the local garden centres
and others for plants but is happy to sell retail as well.
Elma Renfrewshire, Scotland, UK

With a name like McLaren it must be good. Any relation Nick ???

--
Regards,
Alan

Preserve wildlife - pickle a SQUIRREL to reply.

marwan, have a appropriate temptation. You won't view it Talal Rasheed el Hassan Ponds 0 14-11-2007 04:25 AM
Paph Temptation Gene Schurg Orchids 4 29-07-2007 02:49 PM
Temptation Corn FDR Edible Gardening 5 08-04-2005 12:39 PM
resisting the temptation Mike Roses 6 02-03-2004 10:03 PM