GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Black & Decker shredder blades? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/9378-black-decker-shredder-blades.html)

Daniel 09-02-2003 09:26 PM

Black & Decker shredder blades?

Hello,
I have a Black & Decker GA1800E electric shredder that needs a new
pair of cutters and also the yellow switch cover assembly.
Would somebody be able to suggest a mail order supplier please?

Daniel

Simon 09-02-2003 10:51 PM

Black & Decker shredder blades?

try http://www.cheltenhammowers.co.uk/
they give excellent service - i've purchased Stihl equipment from them.
Simon

ned 10-02-2003 01:26 AM

Daniel wrote:
Hello,
I have a Black & Decker GA1800E electric shredder that needs a new
pair of cutters and also the yellow switch cover assembly.
Would somebody be able to suggest a mail order supplier please?

Daniel

The B&D website isn't particularly helpful, is it.
I guess there are so many B&D agents that they don't consider it
feasible to list them all.

When I needed new blades for my shredder, I phoned the number in the
leaflet/handbook and they responded quite quickly.

You are aware that the blades are two sided and can be reversed? And a
bit of *careful* grinding can restore the edge. Though you have to be
careful not to unbalance the blade.

One thing I did find on their site was a part no. 560119-00 and a
comment that parts were warranted for three years. Hope that helps.

--
ned