Old 09-05-2005, 11:06 AM
wattie

Default Garden Room

Godd morning folks,
I was browsing the channels last week and saw a garden design type programme
with some Irish guy, Dermot something I think. He was in this garden and at
the bottom of it, there was a garden room. It was basically a conservatory.
It had sliding patio doors front and rear with glazed sides and roof. It
also had an enclosed area at the rear with wood panels in which area he had
his barbie. He's also put lights through the wood panels. I liked the look
of this room and tried to find it or any reference to it on the net with no
luck. Did anyone see this? I don't even know the name of the prog. Could
anyone point me to a site that may have this type of room?
Thanks, and sorry for the vague description.
WM

Old 09-05-2005, 12:13 PM
Rob Morley

In article , "The
Natural Philosopher" says...
Rob Morley wrote:

In article , "wattie"
says...

Godd morning folks,
I was browsing the channels last week and saw a garden design type programme
with some Irish guy, Dermot something I think.

Diarmid Gavin?

DiarmUd I think, but I could be wrong.

We're both wrong, it's Diarmuid.

Old 09-05-2005, 12:26 PM
Mike Lyle

wattie wrote:
[...]
anyone see this? I don't even know the name of the prog. Could

anyone
point me to a site that may have this type of room?
Thanks, and sorry for the vague description.
WM

Google is your friend. Stick this in your "Go" window:
http://www.google.co.uk/
When it comes up, enter garden rooms in the search window. Under
Google Search, select pages from the UK, then click Google
Search (ignore I'm Feeling Lucky, which is a waste of time).

It's worth having Google in your Favourites.

--
Mike.

Old 09-05-2005, 01:33 PM
Nick Gray

"wattie" wrote in message
[...]

Hi,

It was the last in a series of programmes he did called Gardens through
time. I think the series was made to coincide with the 200th anniversary of
the RHS.

The series is available on DVD & VHS - Amazon.co.uk is down at the
moment!!!, so I can't give you a URL.

Hope that this helps.

Cheers

Nick
http://www.ukgardening.co.uk

Old 09-05-2005, 01:54 PM
wattie

"Nick Gray" wrote in message

"wattie" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks all for your comments.
WM

Old 09-05-2005, 02:24 PM
Mike Lyle

martin wrote:
On Mon, 9 May 2005 12:26:29 +0100, "Mike Lyle"
wrote:

wattie wrote:
[...]
anyone see this? I don't even know the name of the prog. Could
anyone point me to a site that may have this type of room?
Thanks, and sorry for the vague description.
WM

Google is your friend. Stick this in your "Go" window:
http://www.google.co.uk/
When it comes up, enter garden rooms in the search window. Under
Google Search, select pages from the UK, then click Google
Search (ignore I'm Feeling Lucky, which is a waste of time).

It's worth having Google in your Favourites.

It's worth reading what others post too, sometimes.

I hear a distinct "Whoosh" sound, but fail to identify the FO.

--
Mike.

Old 09-05-2005, 02:44 PM
Sacha

On 9/5/05 14:27, in article ,
"martin" wrote:

On Mon, 9 May 2005 14:24:33 +0100, "Mike Lyle"
wrote:

martin wrote:
On Mon, 9 May 2005 12:26:29 +0100, "Mike Lyle"
wrote:

wattie wrote:
[...]
anyone see this? I don't even know the name of the prog. Could
anyone point me to a site that may have this type of room?
Thanks, and sorry for the vague description.
WM

Google is your friend. Stick this in your "Go" window:
http://www.google.co.uk/
When it comes up, enter garden rooms in the search window. Under
Google Search, select pages from the UK, then click Google
Search (ignore I'm Feeling Lucky, which is a waste of time).

It's worth having Google in your Favourites.

It's worth reading what others post too, sometimes.

I hear a distinct "Whoosh" sound, but fail to identify the FO.

I posted the link to the BBC site that described, what he was asking
about. I won't trouble again.

Perhaps he didn't see it, Martin. I've noticed lately that I'm not getting
all posts and sometimes see replies before I see the original, if I ever do.
And I've noticed too that some posts appear out of a thread while those they
precede and follow are still neatly in place. Very weird!
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)

Old 09-05-2005, 02:49 PM
Mike Lyle

wrote:

martin wrote:
On Mon, 9 May 2005 12:26:29 +0100, "Mike Lyle"
wrote:

wattie wrote:
[...]
anyone see this? I don't even know the name of the prog. Could
anyone point me to a site that may have this type of room?
Thanks, and sorry for the vague description.
WM

Google is your friend. Stick this in your "Go" window:
http://www.google.co.uk/
When it comes up, enter garden rooms in the search window.

Under
Google Search, select pages from the UK, then click Google
Search (ignore I'm Feeling Lucky, which is a waste of time).

It's worth having Google in your Favourites.

It's worth reading what others post too, sometimes.

I hear a distinct "Whoosh" sound, but fail to identify the FO.

I posted the link to the BBC site that described, what he was

asking
about. I won't trouble again.

Ah, right. No, I had followed your link, and found it very
instructive -- thanks. (Rather to my own surprise, I particularly
liked the first one, with the copper "shell" -- one of the nice
things about Oz is the sound of rain on a tin roof.) I wanted to
point the OP to, in his words, "a site that may have this type of
room", as I assumed he probably wasn't planning to employ Diarmuid,
but might be in the mood to buy or copy.

--
Mike.

Old 09-05-2005, 03:01 PM
The Natural Philosopher

Rob Morley wrote:

In article , "The
Natural Philosopher" says...

Rob Morley wrote:

In article , "wattie"
says...

Godd morning folks,
I was browsing the channels last week and saw a garden design type programme
with some Irish guy, Dermot something I think.

Diarmid Gavin?

DiarmUd I think, but I could be wrong.

We're both wrong, it's Diarmuid.

I had a feeling it wasn't that simple even as I wrote it.

Why can't he be Dermott, like a normal eejit.

Or Dire-Mud. Which reflects his style accurately...

Old 09-05-2005, 07:28 PM
Mike Lyle

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from martin contains these words:

wrote:

It's worth having Google in your Favourites.

It's worth reading what others post too, sometimes.

I hear a distinct "Whoosh" sound, but fail to identify the FO.

I posted the link to the BBC site that described, what he was

asking
about. I won't trouble again.

From my news server, set to order threads chronologically:

The OP's question is datestamped 11.06 today and his second

post
at
13.34. By then, on my newsreader, 9 advice-responses had arrived

for
him to read through. Martin's link post date was 7th out of 9 .

Mike's googling post is dated by my server at 12.26 one minute
before Martin's website link post at 12.27 . Bear in mind that
usenet posts relay by different routes to and from different

servers,
and we don't all set our newsreader software the same way.

Just shows how odd Usenet can be. Gg timestamped Martin's just under
an hour before mine. I progressively delete blocks of read messages,
so I don't know where my OE/German combination put them; but I feel
sure I'd read Martin's before posting my entirely different (but, I
hope, also useful) answer. But I suppose it's possible I read it just
after posting: one can't swear to these things.

I imagine there'll be a reply via GardenBanter later in the week!
Then that bloke will flood us because he's heard Diarmuid isn't a
vegan.

--
Mike.

Garden Room Colin Hammond United Kingdom 2 16-11-2005 06:48 PM
FA: "Save room in your garden for angels to dance" sign Steve Peterson Gardening 1 31-07-2004 02:13 AM
Garden Room at the Inn? Sue United Kingdom 0 29-05-2004 12:09 AM
Cheap Garden Room mich United Kingdom 8 05-12-2003 08:42 AM
Greenhouse or Grow Room? TS Orchids 6 12-03-2003 05:20 PM