Old 09-05-2005, 04:51 PM
spakker

Default Garden accident

oups.com...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_obje...l&siteid=94762

&headline=husband-blames-dog-for-cutting-wife-s-head-off-name_page.html

HUSBAND BLAMES DOG FOR CUTTING WIFE'S HEAD OFF
Pup leapt up as I used chainsaw
By Tom Parry

A WEEPING husband told yesterday how he decapitated his wife with a
chainsaw as he fell from a ladder after their puppy jumped up at her.

Pauline Pudney's head was almost completely severed when the teeth of
the machine, which was still running, dug into her neck.

Husband Roland, 56, said his wife - a retired council safety officer -
played with their year-old golden retriever while helping him prune
trees in their garden with the electric saw.

He said: "As she walked up to the ladder she picked up a golf ball
because of the dog.

"He was excited. She threw it down the garden.

"Then she turned around and held the ladder. I stopped because I needed
to change position. I just heard a bang and the next thing I remember I
was lying on the ground.

"The saw wasn't in my hand. I didn't realise at first. I just looked to
the right. She was lying there I could see blood. She wasn't moving."

Mr Pudney, a retired company director, said neighbours rushed to help
his 57-year-old wife as he screamed for help. An ambulance was called
but Mr Pudney told an inquest: "I knew she was dead."

Next day he looked at the spot and realised what must have happened.
"The golf ball was where Pauline had been lying, so the dog must have
brought it back before Pauline fell.

"She had her back to him and he couldn't bark - he used to jump up at
people to get attention. He must have gone and got it, come back and
jumped up at the ladder."

The couple, who had two sons at university, had been married 30 years
and planned to move to the countryside and breed golden retrievers.

Mr Pudney said: "She was very special. I loved her and she loved me."

Daniel Clark, next door neighbour in Eltham, South East London, heard
Mr Pudney scream and climbed the fence into their garden.

He said: "I saw Mrs Pudney lying on her back. Roland was lying on top
of her and had his hands over her neck. There was blood oozing from his
hands.

"Mrs Pudney was completely inert, she was not breathing. I said to
myself 'That lady's gone'."

He put his T-shirt over the wound. "I said to Roland, 'Look, we've got
to stop this bleeding'. It was something to give him hope."

A postmortem found the cause of death was "partial transection of the
neck", the inquest in Southwark heard.

Coroner John Sampson said: "This was clearly a very bizarre and tragic
accident." Verdict: accident.

Cereus-validus..... wrote:
Where was O.J. when all this happened?

robert chambers replied- Sleepover at the neverland ranch, all platonic
mind you, no hanky panky