GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   sick rose (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/93942-sick-rose.html)

jay jay 12-05-2005 02:43 PM

sick rose

I think one of my very favourite roses may have rose leaf curl :(( - the ends of some of the leaves are curling under, and a lot look pale green. In general, it just doesn't look well. Its in its second year and about to produce loads of flowers - its a hybrid tea rose called Guinnee. Its first year went really well and it came from a very trustworthy nursery. I have read different accounts of what to do with rose leaf curl - some say you can live with the virus (if it is a virus), others say to get the plant out and burn it (ugh!)

I would really appreciate any offers of advice and if I really do have to dig it up, what could I grow in its place.