GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Flower identification (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/93957-flower-identification.html)

Banana 12-05-2005 12:28 PM

Flower identification

Hello!

Could someone please identify this flower for me please?
http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=13444963&size=m

I took the picture yesterday on the banks of the River Aire at Kirkstall Abbey, yesterday
afternoon.

I've tried google image search and come across an awful lot of yellow flowers but nothing
that quite matches this one.

I'm sure it's quite a common flower (?) but I cannot match it to another picture on the
web.

Someone said to me that it's a Buttercup but the only Buttercups that I know and love have
more circular and shiny petals. Or is this just a different variety?

Maybe I'm not looking hard enough!?

Thanks in advance.

--
Banana :)
aka Paul

Nick Maclaren 12-05-2005 12:35 PM

In article ,
"Banana" writes:
| Hello!
|
| Could someone please identify this flower for me please?
| http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=13444963&size=m

Try (lesser) celandine, Ranunculus ficaria.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Banana 12-05-2005 12:41 PM

Nick Maclaren wrote:
| In article ,
| "Banana" writes:
||| Hello!
||| Could someone please identify this flower for me please?
||| http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=13444963&size=m
|
| Try (lesser) celandine, Ranunculus ficaria.
|

| Regards,
| Nick Maclaren.

That's great Nick. Many Thanks and if I have named any other plant incorectly on my photo
page, feel free to say :-)

Thanks again.

--
Banana :)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bat-n-ball/

Stewart Robert Hinsley 12-05-2005 09:20 PM

In article , Banana bananalandyourclot
writes

That's great Nick. Many Thanks and if I have named any other plant incorectly on
my photo
page, feel free to say :-)

Thanks again.

It's Amaryllis, not Amarillas. Maybe someone else will tell you whether
botanically it's Amaryllis or Hippeastrum.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
http://www.malvaceae.info/

Banana 13-05-2005 10:11 AM

Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:
| In article , Banana bananalandyourclot
| writes
|| That's great Nick. Many Thanks and if I have named any other plant incorectly on
|| my photo
|| page, feel free to say :-)
|| Thanks again.
| It's Amaryllis, not Amarillas. Maybe someone else will tell you whether
| botanically it's Amaryllis or Hippeastrum.

Thanks for that Stewart.

Correction made.

--
Banana :)