Old 13-05-2005, 03:06 PM
Registered User

Default Whitefly or Aphid infestation? Help

Hi

I have noticed today an infestation on some of my garden plants. They are only presnet on three plants of the same type and cannot see them on any other plant in the garden. The plants are Helleborus Orientalis and I have noticed tiny white specks under most of the leaves, in some cases on top of the leaves aswell. There is also a shiny look to some of the tops of the leaves (like a snail would leave but all over the leaf).

I am a novice gardener and all these plants wer eonly planted about 6 months ago. I think it may be whitefly but not sure as all I ahve read seems to indicate this ismore common indoors or in a greenhouse. I suppose it could be aphids but I am too inexperienced to tell really. Some of the leaves have turned brown and curly which I know is associated with aphids.

What do you suggest I do, it is affecting only these 3 plants but it does look very bad as they are on every leaf and are in huge amounts under every leaf.

Thanks
Dinks
Old 15-05-2005, 11:21 AM
Chris Hogg

On Fri, 13 May 2005 14:06:13 +0000, dinky
wrote:

[...]

Spray with water containing a squirt of household detergent, i.e.
'washing-up water' strength, to drench them. Repeat again in a week if
they're still there.

--
Chris