GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Trouble germinating Scotch Bonnet pepper seeds - any advice? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/94007-trouble-germinating-scotch-bonnet-pepper-seeds-any-advice.html)

Brian 13-05-2005 11:27 AM

Trouble germinating Scotch Bonnet pepper seeds - any advice?

I seem to be having problems with the germination of scotch bonnet pepper
seeds. I know they need a lot of heat and this is what I am giving them in a
propergator but none have come up.

Anyone out there know any tips/hints etc.?

Thanks in anticipation :-)

--
brian
www.ashnookplants.co.uk

bruce 13-05-2005 12:17 PM

Brian wrote:
I seem to be having problems with the germination of scotch bonnet pepper
seeds. I know they need a lot of heat and this is what I am giving them in a
propergator but none have come up.

Anyone out there know any tips/hints etc.?

Thanks in anticipation :-)

My chillis took about 1 month to germinate in our sunny porch. How long
have yours been in?

Jaques d'Alltrades 13-05-2005 05:35 PM

The message
from "Brian" contains these words:

seem to be having problems with the germination of scotch bonnet pepper
seeds. I know they need a lot of heat and this is what I am giving
them in a
propergator but none have come up.

Anyone out there know any tips/hints etc.?

They take quite a while to show.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/