Old 11-02-2003, 10:48 AM
andyp

Default Mind your own business!

Soleirolia soleiroliiI

hope the subject has not put too many people off.
Does anyone have a tip or trick for getting rid of this awful weed also
known I believe as baby's tears.

I have read a number of articles that seem to imply that this plant is
pretty rampant and very hard to get rid of.
I have tried both weedol and verdone, even sodium chlorate, but it just
comes back within a season. The snow we had here in SE london and a few hard
frosts have turned most of it black and I have pulled up all that I can see
but from past experience it will return by the summer.

I am resigned to this being a "learn to live with" weed but just in case...

AndyP

Old 11-02-2003, 04:52 PM
A.Malhotra

andyp wrote:

Soleirolia soleiroliiI

hope the subject has not put too many people off.
Does anyone have a tip or trick for getting rid of this awful weed also
known I believe as baby's tears.

I have read a number of articles that seem to imply that this plant is
pretty rampant and very hard to get rid of.
I have tried both weedol and verdone, even sodium chlorate, but it just
comes back within a season. The snow we had here in SE london and a few hard
frosts have turned most of it black and I have pulled up all that I can see
but from past experience it will return by the summer.

I am resigned to this being a "learn to live with" weed but just in case...

AndyP

I rather like it! It keeps other more noxious weeds at bay, produces an
attractive overgrown cottagey look, sofetning up hard edges and if it gets
too rampant its dead easy to pull up and compost.
Anita