Old 14-05-2005, 10:38 PM
Jim Hawkins

Default Bluebells

Why are so many of my bluebells turning white?
Every year fewer and fewer of them produce blue flowers.
Is it changing soil pH ? Acid rain ? Global warming ? Global dimming ?

Jim Hawkins

Old 15-05-2005, 11:38 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Jim Hawkins wrote:
Why are so many of my bluebells turning white?
Every year fewer and fewer of them produce blue flowers.
Is it changing soil pH ? Acid rain ? Global warming ? Global dimming ?

A reaction to the state of the Conservative party?

If you have a population that is shifting, you have something that is
scientifically interesting. I can't think of an obvious explanation,
and it might be unrelated to the colour (e.g. an advantageous gene
that happens to be on the same chromosome as a blueness gene).

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Bluebells Plant Thieves Tarzan United Kingdom 5 11-04-2005 10:37 PM
English bluebells jane United Kingdom 24 09-05-2003 02:08 AM
Spanish bluebells Brian Mitchell United Kingdom 0 28-04-2003 03:20 AM
Bluebells on the lawn Fred United Kingdom 2 14-04-2003 08:08 PM
Spanish Bluebells Todd J. Gardening 6 28-03-2003 08:32 PM