Old 16-05-2005, 12:16 AM
Phil L

Default Resiliance of a pelargonium seedling

I couldn't beleive this when I saw it today! - a single pelargonium left
over from last spring (April '04!) is still alive....I bought a few trays,
(those which are 1.5 inches square per plant and eight plants per tray) last
spring for the baskets etc and had one left which I didn't plant - I had
nowhere to put it, so it got left at the side of the shed in the shade.
Anyhoo, all last summer it stayed there and didn't grow, but didn't die
either, I'd forgotten all about it because I changed the shed door in
December and propped the old one up against the wall, with this little
chappy behind....it's been there for 14 months without any water or very
little sunlight and I noticed today that it has put on a bit of greenery! -
I'm going to put it into a 9" pot on it's own and put it into full sun
tomorrow, if it's survived a winter without any food or water I think it
deserves it!

--
You ain't nothing but a hedgehog, foraging all the time,
You ain't nothing but a hedgehog, foraging all the time,

Old 16-05-2005, 12:33 AM
Sue Begg

In message , Phil L
writes
[...]

I once put a small potted honeysuckle into the oven to save space in the
removal van. The cooker went into storage in the new garage and was
forgotten about for a year. Upon tidying the garage I found that the
forgotten pot inside the oven was full of growth. Placed the pot outside
in the sun, gave it a drink and it romped away.
--
Sue Begg
Remove my clothes to reply

Do not mess in the affairs of dragons - for
you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Old 16-05-2005, 12:15 PM
Mike Lyle

Sue Begg wrote:
In message , Phil L
writes
[...]

Heart-warming stories! Wouldn't the survivalist pelargonium be better
in a smaller pot, though? Unless it's made a lot of root, how about a
four-inch pot to start with?

(Over-size potting makes me think of Franz: anybody know anything? I
emailed a while ago, but no response. It seems nobody on sci.physics
has any information, either.)

--
Mike.