Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-05-2005, 08:03 PM
datsy

Default OT supermarket cut flowers

I know this is not really a gardening question but I thought there will be a
lot of cut flower experts out there. I regularly buy cut flowers from the
supermarket and always cut an inch or so off the bottom. They go straight
into water with the packet of crystals attached plus four drops of Bach
Rescue Remedy. With most flowers I have no problems - they last for ages,
but very often I find that roses have started to wilt overnight - so much so
that I've just about stopped buying them. Yesterday I bought some stocks, by
this morning all the leaves had wilted and a couple of the heads were down -
now they're all down. Anybody know why this happens and what I can do to
stop it because it's really frustrating?!