Old 20-05-2005, 08:53 AM
June Hughes

In message , Sacha
writes
On 18/5/05 2:58 pm, in article NRHie.1405514$6l.1138425@pd7tw2no, "graham"
wrote:

"Harold Walker" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
AFAIK thay are tomatoes allowed to ripen naturally, most tomatoes in
the shops are picked green, then artificially ripened when they arrive
in the UK. They certainly do ahve a much nicer taste that the
equivalent loose ones.

Mike
I find this interesting....how long have they been imported this way in
the UK...for many years on the western edges of the big puddle tomatoes
have been shipped from Florida to the north via a lorry filled with
ethylene gas...by the time they arrive up north they too have been
converted from green to red...taste wis would just as soon eat cardboard.
We too now have the 'vine ripened' ones. While better than the lorry
ripened ones they are still far from the local or home grown
jobbies....but not worth the asking price....H

My local supermarket (in Calgary) often has Dutch ones! The cost of flying
them that far must be horrendous!
Graham

And they taste of nothing. I *never* buy Dutch tomatoes!

You must have bought them at some time or other to know they taste of
nothing.
--
June Hughes
Old 20-05-2005, 09:01 AM
June Hughes

In message , June Hughes
writes

You must have bought them at some time or other to know they taste of
nothing.

Many apols. I hadn't realised that this was cross-posted to urg and I
didn't notice the name of the poster. If I had, I wouldn't have
replied. Sorry. No offence intended.
--
June Hughes
Old 20-05-2005, 03:58 PM
Sacha

wrote in message
[...]

Oh well done, June - a typically useful post. If you want to descend to
that level - I have been given them to eat by others. Okay?
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)

Old 20-05-2005, 09:06 PM
Sacha

On 20/5/05 20:47, in article , "June
Hughes" wrote:

In message , Sacha
writes
On 20/5/05 16:27, in article
, "June
Hughes" wrote:

In message , Sacha
writes
On 20/5/05 9:01, in article
, "June
Hughes" wrote:

In message , June Hughes
writes

You must have bought them at some time or other to know they taste of
nothing.
Many apols. I hadn't realised that this was cross-posted to urg and I
didn't notice the name of the poster. If I had, I wouldn't have
replied. Sorry. No offence intended.

Offensive is your middle name - you can't help it.

Excuse me? I apologised to you. I was trying to avoid trouble but you
plunged in with both feet. I normally take a wide berth where you are
concerned. As you don't know anything about me, please do not be so
rude.

Actually June, I know quite a lot about you. You're a spoiled brat.

Have you been stalking me?

Please don't flatter yourself - you really aren't that important.

To my knowledge, I have never met you.
made a mistake and apologised before you started your attack.

The attack was yours upon me and you did not apologise to me but to the two
groups on which you have demonstrated your pettiness of mind and character.
This is absolutely typical of you, you trivial woman. You attack others and
then somehow, miraculously, on Planet June, it's their fault, not yours.

People
don't post here to read this sort of thing and if you wish to continue
your insults, please do so by email.

Why? So you can throw a tantrum and forbid me to email you? You've played
that game before, ducky when you started emailing me and didn't like my
less-than-grovelling response. Get over yourself.

You are saying more about yourself
than you are about me. I have nothing against you, so please stop your
aggressive posts.

Your posts about me in the past show that the last sentence is untrue. You
never miss the chance of a swipe if you happen to be in the mood. This time
you've been caught out, embarrassing yourself. Tough luck.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 21-05-2005, 10:13 AM
June Hughes

In message , Sacha
writes

Which will not be read or replied to. Go and bore people somewhere else
with your overblown conceit.

All finished now? I am not going to be goaded down to your level.
--
June Hughes
Old 21-05-2005, 01:13 PM
Sacha

On 21/5/05 10:13, in article , "June
Hughes" wrote:

In message , Sacha
writes

Which will not be read or replied to. Go and bore people somewhere else
with your overblown conceit.

All finished now? I am not going to be goaded down to your level.

You're already far below me, June. Jumping on a perfectly innocent post,
just to have a dig, is about your permanent level - baseline.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 22-05-2005, 12:36 AM
Gregoire Kretz

June Hughes wrote:

In message , Sacha
writes

Offensive is your middle name - you can't help it.

Excuse me? I apologised to you. I was trying to avoid trouble but you
plunged in with both feet.

Actually June, I know quite a lot about you. You're a spoiled brat.

Have you been stalking me?

This one looks like it's going to be good.
Pass the popcorn anyone? )

Greg

--
And just a nagging doubt remains

No spam: ficus = no(n)
Old 22-05-2005, 08:08 AM
Jane Gillett

Hughes" wrote:

In message , Sacha
writes

Which will not be read or replied to. Go and bore people somewhere else
with your overblown conceit.

All finished now? I am not going to be goaded down to your level.

You're already far below me, June. Jumping on a perfectly innocent post,
just to have a dig, is about your permanent level - baseline.

As a matter of interest, what is your conection with Hill House Nursery?

Jane

--

Jane Gillett : : Totnes, Devon.