GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tulips (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/94321-tulips.html)

Margret 18-05-2005 11:34 PM

Tulips

Have heard that it is a good idea to put tulips in the fridge for a few
weeks before planting. What do you think?
Margret

Dwayne 19-05-2005 12:44 PM

I never have. I just put them in the ground where I want them to grow and
leave them alone. They get their "cold period" during the winter time and
bloom the next spring. It wouldnt hurt them if you did, but I dont know of
anything (at least anything that I grow) that requires more than a week.

Dwayne