Old 22-05-2005, 02:32 PM
Sacha

Default Jersey Sunrise tomatoes

About 3 years ago someone very kindly sent me some seeds of these toms and
we've saved and planted some every year. I'd like to get hold of some more,
though, if I can. I'm sorry to say that I can't remember who my benefactor
was but if s/he or anyone else knows where I can get some more seeds, I'd be
very grateful for the information.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 23-05-2005, 11:28 PM
Spider

Sacha wrote in message
. uk...
About 3 years ago someone very kindly sent me some seeds of these toms and
we've saved and planted some every year. I'd like to get hold of some

more,
though, if I can. I'm sorry to say that I can't remember who my

benefactor
was but if s/he or anyone else knows where I can get some more seeds, I'd

be
very grateful for the information.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove the weeds to email me)

Hi Sacha,

If all else fails, try West Dean (?Sussex?), famous for herb, tomato and
chillie festivals. They had a goodly tomato slot on Gardeners' World very
recently. If they don't have it, they may be able to direct you to someone
who does.

Spider

Old 23-05-2005, 11:36 PM
Sacha

On 23/5/05 22:28, in article ,
"Spider" wrote:

Sacha wrote in message
. uk...
[...]

How could I not have thought of that! Thank you so much. We saw a tv
programme about them just the other day. Time to get the brain in
gear...some real sun would help!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 24-05-2005, 06:37 PM
Bob Hobden

"Sacha" wrote...
About 3 years ago someone very kindly sent me some seeds of these toms and
we've saved and planted some every year. I'd like to get hold of some
more,
though, if I can. I'm sorry to say that I can't remember who my
benefactor
was but if s/he or anyone else knows where I can get some more seeds, I'd
be
very grateful for the information.

The HDRA have them and they want gardeners to adopt the variety to increase
it...

http://www.hdra.org.uk/support_us/ad..._varieties.htm

So if you are up to saving some seed for return to them you might be in with
a chance.

--
Regards
Bob

Old 25-05-2005, 09:51 PM
Harold Walker

The HDRA have them and they want gardeners to adopt the variety to
increase
it...

http://www.hdra.org.uk/support_us/ad..._varieties.htm

Sacha...what makes them so desirable...H

Old 26-05-2005, 12:03 AM
Sacha

On 25/5/05 8:51 pm, in article , "Harold
Walker" wrote:

The HDRA have them and they want gardeners to adopt the variety to
increase
it...

http://www.hdra.org.uk/support_us/ad..._varieties.htm

Sacha...what makes them so desirable...H

For me - the flavour. And coming from Jersey, they're part of my childhood
and my first memories of eating tomatoes, which are my favourite fruit.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk