GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plant identification please (a grass?) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/94601-plant-identification-please-grass.html)

Robin Blackwell 23-05-2005 11:43 AM

Plant identification please (a grass?)

Hi all,

I've just returned to the UK after a holiday in Turkey, where I "acquired" a
small cutting of a plant that's commonly grown in gardens and containers out
there.
It's a grass-like plant with tubular red flowers (about an inch long).
Can anyone identify it please, plus any tips for growing/keeping it please.
I do have a picture of the mature plant, but it crashes when attached to
this post.
Thanks,

Robin

pammyT 23-05-2005 03:34 PM

Robin Blackwell wrote:
Hi all,

I've just returned to the UK after a holiday in Turkey, where I
"acquired" a small cutting of a plant that's commonly grown in
gardens and containers out there.
It's a grass-like plant with tubular red flowers (about an inch long).
Can anyone identify it please, plus any tips for growing/keeping it
please. I do have a picture of the mature plant, but it crashes when
attached to this post.
Thanks,

Robin

You are not allowed to attatch pictures to your post. You need to post then
somehere like yahoo photo album and post a link to them here.

--
purebred poultry
www.geocities.com/fenlandfowl