GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Wall Attaching (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/9461-wall-attaching.html)

Alison 19-02-2003 07:03 PM

Wall Attaching

Hi there

Has anyone seen or had experience of a little device I'm *sure* I saw some
years ago? It was a little disc of plastic that could be cemented to a wall
and the disc had a little 'strap/tie' through it so that plants could be
attached to a wall.

We have an old but lovely hydrangea petiolaris that was trained behind
wires/vine eyes - but the wind has whipped it all loose and it is not keen
to come back into line with just the aid of the wires. I need a way of
fiixing the old stems back to the wall securely so that the new growth can
do its own attaching thing. Or any suggestions?

TIA
--A

Mike 19-02-2003 07:16 PM

Wall Attaching

In article , Alison alison.freeth@No
SpAm.wideopenwindows.fsbusiness.co.uk writes
Hi there

Has anyone seen or had experience of a little device I'm *sure* I saw some
years ago? It was a little disc of plastic that could be cemented to a wall
and the disc had a little 'strap/tie' through it so that plants could be
attached to a wall.

We have an old but lovely hydrangea petiolaris that was trained behind
wires/vine eyes - but the wind has whipped it all loose and it is not keen
to come back into line with just the aid of the wires. I need a way of
fiixing the old stems back to the wall securely so that the new growth can
do its own attaching thing. Or any suggestions?

TIA
--A

Yes used a lot in the Marine Electrical Trade as one example. A self
Adhesive part which fits to the wall with a loop in it. A cable tie is
looped through this and round, in my case electric cables, in your case
a plant stem, through the top of the cable tie and pull tight.

Try B & Q. Plumbers and Electrical Merchants or if you know anyone with
an 'R S' account ask them to get you some :-))

If you have tooooooooooo much difficulty in racking them down, get in
touch with me as I have some left over from my 'working days' :-((

Mike

http://www.collingwoodassoc.org.uk/ Reunion. Chatham May 30th - June 2nd

Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Reunion October 2003 Isle of Wight.
National Service (RAF) Association reunion. Nov 2003 Scarborough.

Adam Davis 19-02-2003 10:42 PM

Wall Attaching

"Alison" o.uk wrote in
message ...
Hi there

Has anyone seen or had experience of a little device I'm *sure* I saw some
years ago? It was a little disc of plastic that could be cemented to a

wall
and the disc had a little 'strap/tie' through it so that plants could be
attached to a wall.

We have an old but lovely hydrangea petiolaris that was trained behind
wires/vine eyes - but the wind has whipped it all loose and it is not keen
to come back into line with just the aid of the wires. I need a way of
fiixing the old stems back to the wall securely so that the new growth can
do its own attaching thing. Or any suggestions?

TIA
--A

I picked up a similar thing from Homebase about 5 years ago.

It came in a pack of 5 and the "glue" was 2 parts that you rolled together
and then you pushed the plastic disc onto it.

They stayed up for a year or two only, but, I guess that would be long
enough for your hydrangea to grow and cling back onto the wall.

Adam

K 20-02-2003 11:39 AM

Wall Attaching

"Adam Davis" wrote in message
:
: "Alison" o.uk wrote in
: message ...
: Hi there
:
[...]
I've just fished out of the shed some I bought years ago in Woolworths and
they have a price tag of £1.69 for a pack of 6. They are just called 'plant
stickers' (very original) and the company is Erin Marketing Ltd, Astonia
House, Baldock, Herts. I used 4 of them about 2/3 yrs ago for a climbing
rose and they are still going strong although the rose could be better!

HTH