GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Another tomato query (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/94668-another-tomato-query.html)

Pam Moore 24-05-2005 11:09 AM

Another tomato query

Question: What will happen if I plant trailing tomato plants on the
allotment and tie them to canes?
I was checking through my tomato plants today, giving them short
canes, and putting them out to harden off, prior tomoving them to my
allotment.
I always seem to end up with some plants without markers.
I have 4 plants which are shorter and sturdier than the rest; the rest
are a bit tall. All have been grown from seed.
However one of these 4 I have marked "Trailing; AG" (seeds from
Amateur Gardening magazine) The other 3 are unmarked, but look the
same as the marked one.
Will they grow as an upright bush if I train them that wat?
I had forgotten I had sown them and now have nowhere to hang them.

Pam in Bristol