Old 21-02-2003, 06:17 PM
Anthony Wells

Default Mowing the Lawn in February

It has been 13C today in North London - a perfect spring-like day. The
ground is the firmest it has been for four months and the grass is
dry. If this weather carries through for a couple of days would any
harm be done by mowing the lawn with a high cut?
Old 21-02-2003, 06:29 PM
Kostas Kavoussanakis

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Anthony Wells wrote:

It has been 13C today in North London - a perfect spring-like day. The
ground is the firmest it has been for four months and the grass is
dry. If this weather carries through for a couple of days would any
harm be done by mowing the lawn with a high cut?

I have done it in Scotland with no probs whatsoever. And it was not as
dry as you are saying. Mind you, "grasses" describes my green better
than "lawn" :-)

Kostas
Old 21-02-2003, 06:42 PM
fmurl

Anthony Wells wrote:

It has been 13C today in North London - a perfect spring-like day. The
ground is the firmest it has been for four months and the grass is
dry. If this weather carries through for a couple of days would any
harm be done by mowing the lawn with a high cut?

Hoping to get mine done this weekend, too. It hasn't stopped growing since
last summer and my crocuses are just appearing and I fear I'll never see
them! LOL!
--
fmurl

Please reply to the group, respect follow-ups and don't email me. Thanks
Old 21-02-2003, 07:16 PM
Bevan Price

"Anthony Wells" wrote in message
It has been 13C today in North London - a perfect spring-like day. The
ground is the firmest it has been for four months and the grass is
dry. If this weather carries through for a couple of days would any
harm be done by mowing the lawn with a high cut?

Mowed mine in January (South Lancashire) and it is OK - indeed it will
probably need another mow soon.

Bevan

Old 21-02-2003, 07:21 PM
Mike

In article , Anthony Wells
writes
It has been 13C today in North London - a perfect spring-like day. The
ground is the firmest it has been for four months and the grass is
dry. If this weather carries through for a couple of days would any
harm be done by mowing the lawn with a high cut?

Mowing throughout the winter Isle of Wight.

H.M.S.ANDROMEDA ASSOCIATION REUNION NEXT WEEKEND..... COVENTRY
http://www.collingwoodassoc.org.uk/ Reunion. Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Reunion October 2003 Isle of Wight.
National Service (RAF) Association reunion. Nov 2003 Scarborough.

Old 21-02-2003, 08:22 PM
JimM

Did mine today (Surrey). Ground slightly soft but rather this that try and
tackle it in a few more weeks when it will have grown even more

Jim

"Mike" wrote in message
In article , Anthony Wells
writes

------

Old 21-02-2003, 09:22 PM
Zizz

"Anthony Wells" wrote in message
It has been 13C today in North London - a perfect spring-like day. The
ground is the firmest it has been for four months and the grass is
dry. If this weather carries through for a couple of days would any
harm be done by mowing the lawn with a high cut?

Front lawn was mowed last Sunday - Essex here
Mind u the back needs doing a little methinks!

Old 22-02-2003, 09:25 AM
trevor.appleton

Mine isn't growing!

---