Old 02-06-2005, 07:31 PM
Alan Gould

In article , Mike Lyle mike_lyle_uk@REMO
VETHISyahoo.co.uk writes
I detest the idea that tomatoes should be sweet: sugar is not
flavour. But I did once experimentally make a sweet pie with tomatoes
and sugar, as one might with apples or plums etc, just to see what
it'd be like. It was horrible.

I agree with that. There's a trend towards sweetness in lots of
foodstuffs, both grown and manufactured, mostly quite unnecessary and
spoiling the true flavour. If some sweetness is required either for
personal taste, or because the dish is too sharp, sugar can help, but we
tend to use honey in cases like that.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:21 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Jaques d'Alltrades contains
these words:

'sreawmato'

How did that happen? (I'm sure that's not what I tryped!)

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 04-06-2005, 12:25 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from jane contains these words:

Now fresh ones are a different story (she says, reaching for a punnet
of cherry tomatoes kept for snacking on... roll on my own crop...)

IRTA 'roll my own crop'...

But I wouldn't roll on it if I were you: squished tomatoes make a mess
of your clothes, and even if you take them off first, the pips hide in
yer wrinkles and germinate when you're having tea with the Queen.