GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Winter Aconite (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/9487-winter-aconite.html)

Graham Danby 22-02-2003 08:44 PM

Winter Aconite

Could anybody please tell me where I can buy a Winter Aconite in the
UK.
I have looked in the local Garden Centres and Garden Catalogues but
have been unable to find any.
Thanks.
Graham.

Alan Williams 22-02-2003 09:03 PM

Winter Aconite

"Graham Danby" wrote in message
om...
Could anybody please tell me where I can buy a Winter Aconite in the
UK.
I have looked in the local Garden Centres and Garden Catalogues but
have been unable to find any.

You should try the RHS plant finder at

http://www.rhs.org.uk/rhsplantfinder/plantfinder.asp

If the plant you are looking for is Eranthis hyernalis then it says there
are 18 suppliers including 11 mail order.

If you can't get at the site, then if you tell me approx where you live,
I'll e-mail you the search results.

Thanks.
Graham.

Alan

Janet Baraclough 22-02-2003 10:22 PM

Winter Aconite

The message
from (Graham Danby) contains these words:

Could anybody please tell me where I can buy a Winter Aconite in the
UK.
I have looked in the local Garden Centres and Garden Catalogues but
have been unable to find any.

Look in the classified ads section of any UK gardening magazine atm,
and you'll find adverts for aconites sold "in the green", (growing but
not flowering) which is the most reliable way to establish them.

Janet.