GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   The "pow!" factor (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/9506-pow-factor.html)

Barry & Iris McCanna 20-02-2003 04:07 PM

The "pow!" factor

After the first lovely whole day outside and tidying up the
greenhouse, etc. it was absolutely magic to discover that the Iris
Californian Hybrids had germinated - sown on 18th March 2002. After a
long, hard winter this was a real tonic. Hope I never lose the
feeling of complete joy when such discoveries are made :-)))

Iris McCanna
(All outgoing messages certified virus free)

Janet Galpin and Oliver Patterson 20-02-2003 06:21 PM

The "pow!" factor

The message
from "Barry & Iris McCanna" contains these words:

After the first lovely whole day outside and tidying up the
greenhouse, etc. it was absolutely magic to discover that the Iris
Californian Hybrids had germinated - sown on 18th March 2002. After a
long, hard winter this was a real tonic. Hope I never lose the
feeling of complete joy when such discoveries are made :-)))

Iris McCanna
(All outgoing messages certified virus free)

I agree totally. I had a similar feeling a couple of days ago when I
found that I had Jeffersonia dubia germinating. I thought they wouldn't
come to anything because they have short viability so it was a real
bonus. Also I always have a special feeling of awe about woodland plants
at this time of year, so it was a double excitement.

Janet G