GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cercis canadensis 'Forest Pansy' (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/95087-cercis-canadensis-forest-pansy.html)

Meegs 31-05-2005 05:20 PM

Cercis canadensis 'Forest Pansy'

I read somewhere that you can hard prune Cercis canadensis 'Forest Pansy' so that it remains as a shrub.... has anyone actually done this? How shrubby/bushy is it? Thanks

Nick Maclaren 31-05-2005 09:35 PM

In article ,
Meegs wrote:

I read somewhere that you can hard prune Cercis canadensis 'Forest
Pansy' so that it remains as a shrub.... has anyone actually done this?
How shrubby/bushy is it? Thanks

I grew a Cercis canadensis from seed. It did well for two years,
and failed to come through the next winter. Be warned.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.