GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Dead-heading Tulips ... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/95121-dead-heading-tulips.html)

Richard 31-05-2005 10:07 PM

Dead-heading Tulips ...

When these have stopped flowering I've been going round and dead-heading
them ... at the moment I'm just cutting off the old flower head beneath the
flower ... should I be taking the whole stem off too and just leaving the
leaves ? or is what I'm doing now better for the plant ?

Harold Walker 01-06-2005 09:13 AM

"Richard" wrote in message
When these have stopped flowering I've been going round and dead-heading
them ... at the moment I'm just cutting off the old flower head beneath
the
flower ... should I be taking the whole stem off too and just leaving the
leaves ? or is what I'm doing now better for the plant ?

You are doing just fine lopping off the flower head only.....H