GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Water lily for very small pond? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/95155-water-lily-very-small-pond.html)

Ray G 01-06-2005 12:08 PM

Water lily for very small pond?

I have a very small pond (mainly intended as a bird bath) and need
something to to keep it clean and tidy.

Is there a small water plant that would do the job?

TIA

Ray G

Ray G 01-06-2005 04:22 PM

"jane" wrote in message

~
~Is there a small water plant that would do the job?
~
~TIA
~

The current issue of The Garden has a huge article on just this
subject and it's one of the ones they've put online:
http://www.rhs.org.uk/Learning/publi...aterlilies.asp

Have fun reading it!

jane

Mark Twain

Excellent

Thank you very much

Ray G

bigjon 02-06-2005 01:19 PM

Ray G decided to add:

I have a very small pond (mainly intended as a bird bath) and need
something to to keep it clean and tidy.

Is there a small water plant that would do the job?

TIA

Ray G

Try European Frogbit, or
Hydrocharis morsus-ranae.

Tiny lily like leaves with dainty white flowers June-August. These pretty
floaters hibernate in winter on the bottom of the pond and raise again in
May.

http://plants.ifas.ufl.edu/hydmor.html