Old 02-06-2005, 12:41 PM
hillier

Default tomatoes flowering early

I have several varieties of tomato which I have grown from seed and they are
strong healthy plants at about 8inches high.
The unusual thing is that they have started flowering already. Can this be
normal or do I need to take some form of action ?

Old 02-06-2005, 01:18 PM
Pam Moore

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 11:41:04 GMT, "hillier"
wrote:

I have several varieties of tomato which I have grown from seed and they are
strong healthy plants at about 8inches high.
The unusual thing is that they have started flowering already. Can this be
normal or do I need to take some form of action ?

Lucky you! Mine are over 12 inches and not yet flowering.
Yours should be fine. Are they outside or in greenhouse?
Depending on where you live, they should be OK outside now and will
soon be ssetting fruit. You got it right, I got it wrong!

Pam in Bristol
Old 02-06-2005, 06:19 PM
Harold Walker

"hillier" wrote in message
I have several varieties of tomato which I have grown from seed and they
are strong healthy plants at about 8inches high.
The unusual thing is that they have started flowering already. Can this be
normal or do I need to take some form of action ?

the action you need to take is "keep on doing what you are doing".....H

Old 02-06-2005, 07:38 PM
Alan Gould

In article , hillier
writes
I have several varieties of tomato which I have grown from seed and they are
strong healthy plants at about 8inches high.
The unusual thing is that they have started flowering already. Can this be
normal or do I need to take some form of action ?

The stunting could just possibly be due to either too much water at the
roots, or insufficient air circulation - tomatoes like to breathe.

Ours are having their second and third flower trusses, and the first
trusses are already showing fruits forming.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.