Old 02-06-2005, 01:01 PM
Kenneth

Default Healthy strawberry plants, but few flowers...?

Howdy,

I have a bed with several variety of apparently healthy
strawberry plants but they have produced few flowers.

What nutrient is likely to be the culprit?

Thanks for any help,
--
Kenneth

Old 02-06-2005, 07:41 PM
Alan Gould

In article , Kenneth
writes

Howdy,

I have a bed with several variety of apparently healthy
strawberry plants but they have produced few flowers.

Strawberry plants have the highest number of flowers in their second and
third years. Older ones, and first year ones, tend to have less.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.
Old 02-06-2005, 08:25 PM
Kenneth

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 19:41:40 +0100, Alan Gould
wrote:

In article , Kenneth
writes

Howdy,

I have a bed with several variety of apparently healthy
strawberry plants but they have produced few flowers.

Strawberry plants have the highest number of flowers in their second and
third years. Older ones, and first year ones, tend to have less.

Howdy,

Well, those that I have described are all two and three
years old. I put a bed in three years ago, and added a new
section two years ago.

I strongly suspect a nutrient deficiency. Might you know
which nutrient(s) would affect flowering?

Thanks,
--
Kenneth

Old 03-06-2005, 06:23 AM
Alan Gould

In article , Kenneth
writes

I strongly suspect a nutrient deficiency. Might you know
which nutrient(s) would affect flowering?

They might benefit in the longer term from a dusting of well matured
fire ash, or other form of potash, but that wouldn't help this year's
crop.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.