Old 06-06-2005, 09:17 AM
Christian McArdle

But then if you telephone the planners (not the building inspectors) at
the same council, you get a different answer. AFAIK around here /any/
combustible building, temporary or otherwise, has to be at least a
metre from the boundary. But you don't get that in writing, oh dear me
no.

Whatever their interpretation, they can do nothing about it. You are
entitled by law to do so, unless there is a conservation area or something.

If they took you to court, you'd win.

Christian.

Old 06-06-2005, 04:23 PM

Christian McArdle wrote:
If they took you to court, you'd win.

I don't want to annoy them. They'll only put the council tax up by 13%
again, and reband me house two bands up...

Old 27-04-2017, 10:26 PM
Registered User

I am in desperate need of more storage. Would I be able to plonk a 40ft shipping container in my garden that covers just under 2 acres of curtilage without seeking planning or informing building regs. We are in an AONB, area of outstanding natural beauty but it would be sited between two high hedges so not an eyesore. My neighbour farmer says they can be towed/dragged with a tractor so should be classed like a caravan.