Old 02-06-2005, 06:48 PM
Dave

Default Any suggestions for use of 1M * 5M strip of garden?

Hi

Just about to move into a new house, back garden is just topsoil, but
I have plenty of ideas for that. My garage is situated at the bottom
of the garden with side entry to the property, the gap between my
garage and next doors garage is 1metre by 5metres (my property).

Now this is too good a dumping ground/hiding place to leave with no
purpose, any ideas ?.

Its too long for a compost heap, its too narrow for a shed, I need
somewhere to put my Petrol mower, dirty garden tools, garden rubbish
etc ?.

Any thoughts.

Tia

Old 02-06-2005, 07:50 PM
JennyC

"Dave" wrote in message
Hi

Just about to move into a new house, back garden is just topsoil, but
I have plenty of ideas for that. My garage is situated at the bottom
of the garden with side entry to the property, the gap between my
garage and next doors garage is 1metre by 5metres (my property).

Now this is too good a dumping ground/hiding place to leave with no
purpose, any ideas ?.

Its too long for a compost heap, its too narrow for a shed, I need
somewhere to put my Petrol mower, dirty garden tools, garden rubbish
etc ?.

Any thoughts.

A very thin shed should fit.
You'd just need to have a really good system to hang things on the roof so that
not everything was underfoot.

Presuming you have brick walls on both sides. You could easily rig up a roof and
a solid door at the front.

Jenny

Old 02-06-2005, 08:26 PM
Dave

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 20:50:32 +0200, "JennyC"
wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Yes, there are brick walls on both sides, one side being the neighbour
garage, but he won't know ;-)

Thanks

Old 02-06-2005, 10:20 PM

Dave wrote:
Its too long for a compost heap, its too narrow for a shed, I need
somewhere to put my Petrol mower, dirty garden tools, garden rubbish
etc ?.

You could, as suggested, add a roof and a door, but it would be a long
way to the back. So add a door at each end, and make two sheds of it,
neither so deep that it becomes a glory hole.

Other possibilities:
An array of water butts, with a remote tap on the end of a long pipe.
Add the roof, and the partition half way down. Then knock through from
the garage to make a walk-in cupboard at one end, and the shed with
it's outside door at the other.
A small roof and some bars sticking out from the wall, and use it to
air-dry (season) timber for furniture making.