Old 02-06-2005, 07:59 PM
Moo

Default Problem With Growing Freesias

I purchased "15 Double Freesias" corns from B & Q and planted them about 8
weeks ago in a border that gets full sun about 8 hours a day.

No sign of any growth and as this is my first experience with Freesias I am
beginning to think that nothing will appear and perhaps I should plant
something else in the border.

I wasn't expecting miracles and the packet did say flowers July/August but I
have been thinking (perhaps wrongly) that some greenery should be showing by
now.

Can someone please comment on this.
Thanks.

M.

Old 03-06-2005, 06:07 PM
Glenda

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 19:59:28 +0100, "Moo" [email protected]
tippy-typed:

I purchased "15 Double Freesias" corns from B & Q and planted them about 8
weeks ago in a border that gets full sun about 8 hours a day.

I've had exactly the same problem with my double freesias planted out
in a pot. Different freesia bulbs (not doubles) flowered great last
year but no sign of them this year either.

Glenda

--
10 Years! Coronation Street Weekly Updates for th'Internet
http://www.corrieweeklyupdates.btinternet.co.uk
Old 07-06-2005, 10:22 PM
Susan

"Moo" [email protected] wrote in message
I purchased "15 Double Freesias" corns from B & Q and planted them about 8
weeks ago in a border that gets full sun about 8 hours a day.
No sign of any growth ......

Ditto. I bought mine from B&Q, planted them in a pot in an unheated
greenhouse. I actually dug around in the pot today thinking they must've
had it, but the bulbs still look plump and alive, although there are no
shoots or roots.

Old 08-06-2005, 06:24 PM
Neil Cairns

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 19:59:28 +0100, "Moo" [email protected] wrote:

I purchased "15 Double Freesias" corns from B & Q and planted them about 8
weeks ago in a border that gets full sun about 8 hours a day.

No sign of any growth and as this is my first experience with Freesias I am
beginning to think that nothing will appear and perhaps I should plant
something else in the border.

I wasn't expecting miracles and the packet did say flowers July/August but I
have been thinking (perhaps wrongly) that some greenery should be showing by
now.

Can someone please comment on this.
Thanks.

M.

I planted 50 bulbs in march in a unheated greenhouse in three troughs
and a 10" pot all are now 8" & 10" in lengths with buds on the stems
grown in old (last years) compost.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:38 AM
Charlie Pridham

"Susan" wrote in message
"Moo" [email protected] wrote in message
I purchased "15 Double Freesias" corns from B & Q and planted them about

8
weeks ago in a border that gets full sun about 8 hours a day.
No sign of any growth ......

Ditto. I bought mine from B&Q, planted them in a pot in an unheated
greenhouse. I actually dug around in the pot today thinking they must've
had it, but the bulbs still look plump and alive, although there are no
shoots or roots.

I think they grow in winter, flowering in spring ( which is what makes them
tricky outdoors) Maybe there are ways of tricking them but I am afraid I
don't know (there is bound to be someone who grows them on here!)
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Growing freesias Pam Moore United Kingdom 2 10-11-2006 09:54 PM
Planting freesias Sacha United Kingdom 1 22-11-2005 11:11 PM
Freesias - Growing Question From Newbie Moo United Kingdom 1 23-05-2005 06:20 PM
Transplanting Freesias Chris Hanson United Kingdom 6 07-04-2005 03:06 PM
Freesias Already??? Fleemo Gardening 2 16-09-2003 07:02 PM