Old 02-06-2005, 11:14 PM
spakker

Default Things are happening-things are quiet

Summer is nearly here, things are happening in the garden. How come a
motorcyclist's n.g. posts twice as many times as U.R.G?

Old 02-06-2005, 11:18 PM
Stephen Howard

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 22:14:22 +0100, "spakker"
wrote:

Summer is nearly here, things are happening in the garden. How come a
motorcyclist's n.g. posts twice as many times as U.R.G?

'Cos we're all out gardening whilst the light holds, and too bleedin'
shagged out to to be arsed with the computer afterwards?

Regards,

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk
Old 02-06-2005, 11:40 PM
Phil L

spakker wrote:
:: Summer is nearly here, things are happening in the garden. How
:: come a motorcyclist's n.g. posts twice as many times as U.R.G?

Oh how I would love to be able to take off on a long motorbike ride, but
I've a few things desperate to be done...got some planters and baskets to do
which will create space in the greenhouse (beding plants everywhere!) for
the rest of my tomatoes and chillis which are getting flowers on them but
are still in smallish pots, the GH needs a good digging and weeding before I
plant them though and the ones I planted last week in a different GH now
need some sort of cane / string / whatever type of support system setting
up.

The sprouts need weeding as do the onions, the lawn needs cutting and I've
to prune some shrubs, I need to raise a bed surrounding a Yucca as it is
turning into a triffid.
Two gates need repairing / re-hanging and the front and back fences are
falling apart, the kids back-to-back have smashed a pane of glass in the GH.
The patio has disappeared under 3ft of horsetail ferns. I have a honeysuckle
which grew up an 8ft trellis a few years ago, this fell down with the weight
of itself and now resembles a small n, but the growing tips are now reaching
for the sun again and I have visions of it looking like a twenty-yard
chinese dragon if this continues.
My unknown plants have a sap sucking alien living on them, possibly scale
insects or mealybugs and I've got aphids in every colour of the rainbow
living in my greenhouse, so my guess is that everyone else has similar
things to do and are out in the garden!

--
If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs.

Old 02-06-2005, 11:53 PM
Bob Hobden

"Stephen wrote after spakker asked.....
Summer is nearly here, things are happening in the garden. How come a
motorcyclist's n.g. posts twice as many times as U.R.G?

'Cos we're all out gardening whilst the light holds, and too bleedin'
shagged out to to be arsed with the computer afterwards?

Not quite the way I would have put it but true nonetheless.

regards
Bob.

Old 03-06-2005, 02:09 AM
Alan Gabriel

"Phil L" wrote in message
. uk...
spakker wrote:
[...]

Well, that's Saturday sorted out. ;o)

--
Regards,
Alan

Preserve wildlife - pickle a SQUIRREL to reply.

Old 03-06-2005, 08:13 AM
June Hughes

In message , spakker
writes
Summer is nearly here, things are happening in the garden. How come a
motorcyclist's n.g. posts twice as many times as U.R.G?

We have other things to do at present.
--
June Hughes
Old 03-06-2005, 08:04 PM
Mike

Well, that's Saturday sorted out. ;o)

So on Sunday.......

Oh how I would love to be able to take off on a long motorbike ride,

Wish granted? ;-)

Mike
1954 G9

Old 06-06-2005, 12:25 AM
shazzbat

"Mike" wrote in message

Well, that's Saturday sorted out. ;o)

So on Sunday.......

Oh how I would love to be able to take off on a long motorbike ride,

Wish granted? ;-)

Mike
1954 G9

Mike, you've got a G9 matchbox? now I'm seriously impressed.
I had a G12 which I rode to Osnabruck when I got posted there. Wish I still
had it :-((

Steve

Old 06-06-2005, 09:02 AM
Mike

Mike
1954 G9

Mike, you've got a G9 matchbox? now I'm seriously impressed.
I had a G12 which I rode to Osnabruck when I got posted there. Wish I

still
had it :-((

Steve

No :-(( "HAD" in 1956/7

All I have now is a nice glossy picture of one on the front page of Classic
Bike of May 1983 and the details inside of the restoration and another
magnificent picture. I found one for sale a few months back at £3000.00.
Tempted ;-) They do come up for sale from time to time.

Just 'might' yet ;-))

Mike

Old 06-06-2005, 12:55 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "shazzbat" contains these words:

1954 G9

Mike, you've got a G9 matchbox? now I'm seriously impressed.
I had a G12 which I rode to Osnabruck when I got posted there. Wish I still
had it :-((

I wish I still had my G3 - not G3L or G3LS - a straight rigid frame and
girders...

....and my MkI KTT.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Old 06-06-2005, 01:11 PM
Mike

1954 G9

Mike, you've got a G9 matchbox? now I'm seriously impressed.
I had a G12 which I rode to Osnabruck when I got posted there. Wish I

still
had it :-((

I wish I still had my G3 - not G3L or G3LS - a straight rigid frame and
girders...

...and my MkI KTT.

--
Rusty

Just found a 1954 G9 for sale @ £4500.00 ;-)

Now is there room in the garage? ;-)

Old 06-06-2005, 04:49 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

1954 G9

Mike, you've got a G9 matchbox? now I'm seriously impressed.
I had a G12 which I rode to Osnabruck when I got posted there. Wish I

still
had it :-((

I wish I still had my G3 - not G3L or G3LS - a straight rigid frame and
girders...

...and my MkI KTT.

--
Rusty

Just found a 1954 G9 for sale @ £4500.00 ;-)

Now is there room in the garage? ;-)

Of course. Keep the Roller outside.

Old 06-06-2005, 06:04 PM
Mike

Of course. Keep the Roller outside.

Son in Law has the Roller and it 'is' outside because there is a Robin
nesting in the garage and he is fed up with the Bird crap on the car :-(

I am BMW. No it is NOT staying outside

Mike

Old 06-06-2005, 07:15 PM
Mike

Reliant?

What do you call a Reliant with twin exhausts?

Old 06-06-2005, 07:18 PM
Mike

A wheelbarrow :-((