GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Beetroot (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/9531-beetroot.html)

farmerbrown.fsnet.co.uk@fs 25-02-2003 08:09 PM

Beetroot

Hi, Can somebody advise me if there is a variety of Beetroot that can be
sown in trays and then transplanted out. Thanks.

Alan Gould 26-02-2003 05:39 AM

Beetroot

In article ,
farmerbrown.fsnet.co.uk@fs writes
Hi, Can somebody advise me if there is a variety of Beetroot that can be
sown in trays and then transplanted out. Thanks.

We have had success with sowing and transplanting beetroot Boltardy,
though I should say that IOHO they are not the best variety in terms of
culinary use. New varieties of bolt resistant beetroot are now becoming
more available including golden types. Chase/organic catalogue offers
Boltardy, Libero, Early Wonder, Golden, Carillon, Moneta and a baby beet
Detroit 2 Bolivar with varying degrees of bolt resistance.
Details from: www.OrganicCatalog.com
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.