Old 26-02-2003, 06:15 AM
Mr. Boat Builder

Default Computer Program for Garden Design?

Any suggestions for a program for designing gardens? Should have
possability to choose metric system too.

TIA!
//Gerrie Warner, Östhammar, Sweden

Old 26-02-2003, 06:44 PM
Mr. Boat Builder

I think I've tried them all now, and they're all a waste of money. Just
use your normal home design program for the hard landscaping, furniture
etc, print out a few copies, and sketch the plants in by hand.

Which Home Design program is that?
TIA!
Gerrie

Old 28-02-2003, 09:18 AM
Druss

"Mr. Boat Builder" wrote in message
Any suggestions for a program for designing gardens? Should have
possability to choose metric system too.

TIA!
//Gerrie Warner, Östhammar, Sweden

Whilst I cannot recommend a good one I can say stay well away from the Alan
Titchmarsh thing, it was dreadful, admittedly it was a freebie sent out upon
subscribing to something or other, but still, it stayed on my PC for less
than one day, and that is quite remarkable.

Before anyone jumps up and says you obviously didn't try it for long,
believe me, I did, and I know a little bit about PC's and software, and it
was just plain awful.

It's one redeeming feature was the number of times it made me laugh, such as
when it tried to drop a 20 foot wide fountain into a 20 foot wide garden, or
the fact that you can put a dog in your garden and all it does is run in
randomly increasing circles barking, which let's face it, was the most
accurate part of the whoe piece of software.

Duncan