GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Little Green Monster (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/95365-little-green-monster.html)

hondo 05-06-2005 12:02 PM

Little Green Monster

1 Attachment(s)
Hi I'm new here :-)

My wife is the one with green fingers, she keeps finding these insects in the garden, see attached, well I hope it's attached, then she asks me what they are. I'm clueless. :-(

Does anyone know, also if they are good or bad for the garden?

Thanks for any indication

mikeyw 05-06-2005 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hondo
Hi I'm new here :-)

My wife is the one with green fingers, she keeps finding these insects in the garden, see attached, well I hope it's attached, then she asks me what they are. I'm clueless. :-(

Does anyone know, also if they are good or bad for the garden?

Thanks for any indication

Now that's weird - I had exactly the same question a few months ago...it's a kind of jester bug I think...I'll get you the exact details shortly.

batgirl 05-06-2005 07:35 PM

That is a shield bug, a juniper shield bug I think, see
http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk/

Clare

"hondo" wrote in message

Hi I'm new here :-)

My wife is the one with green fingers, she keeps finding these insects
in the garden, see attached, well I hope it's attached, then she asks
me what they are. I'm clueless. :-(

Does anyone know, also if they are good or bad for the garden?

Thanks for any indication

|Filename: Insect .JPG |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=2803|

hondo

hondo 05-06-2005 08:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyw
Now that's weird - I had exactly the same question I'll get you the exact details shortly.

Thanks mikeyw. It would be good if you could.
The only thing I could find under jester bug is shown in the new attached :-)

Jaques d'Alltrades 05-06-2005 08:27 PM

The message
from hondo contains these words:

Does anyone know, also if they are good or bad for the garden?

It's a shield bug. It's not exactly a friend, though it doesn't do a lot
of harm: sucks it juices from plants, and may not be welcome if you have
raspberries - they leave you with the little stones in the drupes,
though.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

hondo 05-06-2005 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batgirl
That is a shield bug, a juniper shield bug I think, see
http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk/ ]

Clare : batgirl :-)

Clare that's certainly it, thank you for your help. After you told me what it was, I found this
http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile...shield_bug.asp
Thanks again for your help

Cheers hondo. :-)