GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Begonia grandis - evensiana - Hardy Begonia (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/95368-begonia-grandis-evensiana-hardy-begonia.html)

HeatherScot 05-06-2005 02:10 PM

Begonia grandis - evensiana - Hardy Begonia

I have several lovely Begonia evensiana growing indoors, I live in South East Scotland 4 miles from coast. I would like to grow my begonias outside but don't know of anyone here having grown them, I was lucky & was given a plant which I have propogated. Has anyone grown them in this area or anyone living in a similar area, I would be interested to hear various opinions on this plant from other gardeners.

Thank you

fynbos 05-06-2005 10:49 PM

Well, it's cold hardy to at least minus 20F.