Old 05-06-2005, 03:22 PM
troubleinstore

Default New lawn and dog ?

I had some new turf laid a few weeks ago and since then, I have had the
hoseppe on it for about 20 mins per day. The dog has also watered it
frequently. Now I have patches which are browny yellow and not growing as
welll as it might.
Dog will only go on grass, never concrete so, what should I do to encourage
the grass to grow .... ?
The plot of grass about 6 feet by 8 feet was done especially for the dog,
but I would like the grass to grow evenly.
--
troubleinstore

Old 05-06-2005, 03:45 PM
Mike

Dog will only go on grass, never concrete so, what should I do to
encourage
the grass to grow .... ?

MAKE the dog go on the concrete by fencing off the grass and praising the
dog with rewards when he does go on the concrete. There is no such thing as
a badly trained dog, only a badly trained owner.

The plot of grass about 6 feet by 8 feet was done especially for the dog,
but I would like the grass to grow evenly.

If it is there for the dog, the grass won't grow.
The choice is yours.

End of story.

Old 05-06-2005, 04:59 PM
pammyT

"troubleinstore" wrote in message
I had some new turf laid a few weeks ago and since then, I have had the
hoseppe on it for about 20 mins per day. The dog has also watered it
frequently. Now I have patches which are browny yellow and not growing as
welll as it might.
Dog will only go on grass, never concrete so, what should I do to

encourage
the grass to grow .... ?
The plot of grass about 6 feet by 8 feet was done especially for the dog,
but I would like the grass to grow evenly.

When you say 'dog' do you mean it is a male ? Or do you mean 'bitch'?
Bitches pee burns grass. There is nothing you can do to stop it burning
grass other than rush out and water the spot copiously immediately she has
peed.
Evenly growing green grass and bitches pee do not go together I'm afraid.

Old 05-06-2005, 06:25 PM
Troy

pammyT Woofed :

When you say 'dog' do you mean it is a male ? Or do you mean 'bitch'?
Bitches pee burns grass.

I know it's supposed to be only bitches pee that burns grass *but* I'm a
dog and mine does it as well. I'm trained and I get a reward every time I
pee in the proper place.

Woof Woof :-)
--
Regards,

Troy the Black Lab.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:16 PM
Mike

I know it's supposed to be only bitches pee that burns grass *but* I'm a
dog and mine does it as well. I'm trained and I get a reward every time I
pee in the proper place.

Woof Woof :-)

Mike will crucify you too.

If you mean this Mike, no he won't. The owner has been trained :-)) and the
proof of the fact of what I have been saying is above.

At the other end of a lead of a badly trained dog, is a badly trained owner.
No arguments. It's fact.

Old 05-06-2005, 09:50 PM
troubleinstore

"pammyT" fenlandfowl @talktalk.net wrote in message

"troubleinstore" wrote in message
I had some new turf laid a few weeks ago and since then, I have had the
hoseppe on it for about 20 mins per day. The dog has also watered it
frequently. Now I have patches which are browny yellow and not growing as
welll as it might.
Dog will only go on grass, never concrete so, what should I do to

encourage
the grass to grow .... ?
The plot of grass about 6 feet by 8 feet was done especially for the dog,
but I would like the grass to grow evenly.

When you say 'dog' do you mean it is a male ? Or do you mean 'bitch'?
Bitches pee burns grass. There is nothing you can do to stop it burning
grass other than rush out and water the spot copiously immediately she has
peed.
Evenly growing green grass and bitches pee do not go together I'm afraid.

Many thanks for all the replies. Yes, I can confirm that the dog is a bitch
of nearly 17 years old and is a Labrador x Doberman. She has never gone on
concrete no matter how much we have tried to get her to. I think she prefers
a little comfort, especially now she is in her old age.
As for the grass, well, we will just have to keep watering the grass and
when she finally passes to doggy heaven, get the 6' x 8' plot returfed.
Thanks again everyone.
--
troubleinstore

Old 05-06-2005, 10:24 PM
Sacha

On 5/6/05 21:50, in article ,
"troubleinstore" wrote:
snip
She has never gone on
concrete no matter how much we have tried to get her to. I think she prefers
a little comfort, especially now she is in her old age.
As for the grass, well, we will just have to keep watering the grass and
when she finally passes to doggy heaven, get the 6' x 8' plot returfed.
Thanks again everyone.
--

How about trying the Puppy Pads, used for training puppies to go outdoors?
They're absorbent and have something or other in them, scent wise, that

Old 05-06-2005, 10:34 PM
Mike

Many thanks for all the replies. Yes, I can confirm that the dog is a

bitch
of nearly 17 years old and is a Labrador x Doberman. She has never gone on
concrete no matter how much we have tried to get her to. I think she

prefers
a little comfort, especially now she is in her old age.
As for the grass, well, we will just have to keep watering the grass and
when she finally passes to doggy heaven, get the 6' x 8' plot returfed.
Thanks again everyone.
--
troubleinstore

You CAN train an old dog to perform new tricks, "IF" you are prepared to try
it.

Another untrained dog owner.

Old 06-06-2005, 10:16 AM
Ben

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 18:25:45 +0100, Troy barked:

pammyT Woofed :

When you say 'dog' do you mean it is a male ? Or do you mean 'bitch'?
Bitches pee burns grass.

I know it's supposed to be only bitches pee that burns grass *but* I'm a
dog and mine does it as well. I'm trained and I get a reward every time I
pee in the proper place.

Woof Woof :-)

And so does mine I've been staying with my human's parents for the past
10 days and they are none too happy with me, but it isn't really my fault
is it !

Woofs to Troy

--
http://www.copelands.plus.com/Ben/BenDog/
Old 06-06-2005, 02:05 PM
Mollydog

Ben wrote in
:

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 18:25:45 +0100, Troy barked:

pammyT Woofed :

When you say 'dog' do you mean it is a male ? Or do you mean
'bitch'?
Bitches pee burns grass.

I know it's supposed to be only bitches pee that burns grass *but*
I'm a dog and mine does it as well. I'm trained and I get a reward
every time I pee in the proper place.

Woof Woof :-)

And so does mine I've been staying with my human's parents for the
past 10 days and they are none too happy with me, but it isn't really
my fault is it !

Whereas mine doesn't seem to do any harm. Apparently that's because it
rains all the time in the Tamar Valley where we live, so even though I am a
bitch it all gets washed away in double quick time. ;-)

MOLLYDOG the greyhound.

Dog Worms: Understand Dog Worms Symptoms and Infestation brahimbb17 Gardening 0 10-12-2008 12:17 PM
Dog and lawn Lukas Louw Lawns 26 10-06-2005 09:40 PM
New turf, and a dog... Mike \(mixmanx at AV and DVD Forums\) United Kingdom 3 08-08-2003 06:14 PM
Dog used lawn as toilet - and the smell! Simon Avery United Kingdom 0 03-08-2003 12:03 PM
dog killing the lawn Phill Lee Lawns 2 28-12-2002 02:15 PM