Old 05-06-2005, 05:18 PM
gogo

Default What's wrong with my Dicentra?

Hello, Any idea what happened to my Dicentra spectabilis?
It's been fine for 3 years, loads of foliage and flowers, but suddenly this
year, this:

http://www.gogo.me.uk/IMG_1041sm.jpg
http://www.gogo.me.uk/IMG_1043sm.jpg

Is it a nutrient deficiency? Something wrong in the soil?
I think it could be a virus. If this is the case, is it treatable or should
I simply be happy to have a new variegated variety? Apart from this yellow
leaves, plant looks fine and even vigorous.

Thanks

Philippe

Old 05-06-2005, 06:57 PM
Emrys Davies

"gogo" wrote in message
. uk...
Hello, Any idea what happened to my Dicentra spectabilis?
It's been fine for 3 years, loads of foliage and flowers, but suddenly

this
year, this:

http://www.gogo.me.uk/IMG_1041sm.jpg
http://www.gogo.me.uk/IMG_1043sm.jpg

Is it a nutrient deficiency? Something wrong in the soil?
I think it could be a virus. If this is the case, is it treatable or

should
I simply be happy to have a new variegated variety? Apart from this

yellow
leaves, plant looks fine and even vigorous.

Thanks

Philippe

Looks to me like magnesium deficiency, although I have only ever seen
that in tomato foliage.

http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profiles0701/magnesium.asp

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 06-06-2005, 09:48 AM
Philippe Gautier

Emrys Davies wrote:
"gogo" wrote in message
. uk...

[...]

Thanks, I will try to add a magnesium supplement in the winter and see
how it goes next year. And if this is a virus, well, I don't think there
is much to do about it accorfding to the rhs website.

Philippe
Old 07-06-2005, 11:05 PM
Susan

"gogo" wrote Hello, Any idea what
happened to my Dicentra spectabilis?
It's been fine for 3 years, loads of foliage and flowers, but suddenly

this
year, this:
http://www.gogo.me.uk/IMG_1041sm.jpg
http://www.gogo.me.uk/IMG_1043sm.jpg
Is it a nutrient deficiency? Something wrong in the soil?

Phillipe, my Dicentra has done this every year for at least 5 years,
although the leaves on mine aren't quite as yellow as yours. It's always
grown and flowered well. I thought it might be a magnesium deficiency so I
used epsom salts, but it didn't make any difference to the leaves. I
decided to believe that I had discovered a new variegated form and I was
daydreaming about having it named after me!!!

2 questions Dicentra and Cala's stevej United Kingdom 2 23-05-2007 09:30 AM
2 questions Dicentra and Cala's stevej United Kingdom 0 22-05-2007 02:24 PM
Dicentra scandens Sacha United Kingdom 9 20-07-2006 07:15 PM
Dicentra spectabilis leaf discolouration Emrys Davies United Kingdom 3 22-05-2006 10:50 AM
Dicentra scandens paghat Gardening 0 14-07-2003 06:52 AM