Old 09-06-2005, 02:01 PM
dirt dibbler

Default second crop spuds

Does anyone know where i can get seed potatoes for planting a second
crop in summer to harvest in autumn?

I've seen some being sold online by T & M but they were expensive for
only a few tubers.

Should i have bought extra earlier in the year & stored them somehow?

I don't really want to use non certified spuds, i.e. supermarket or my
own normal crop.

thanks
DD

Old 09-06-2005, 04:16 PM
Stephen Howard

On 9 Jun 2005 06:01:36 -0700, "dirt dibbler"
wrote:

Does anyone know where i can get seed potatoes for planting a second
crop in summer to harvest in autumn?

I've seen some being sold online by T & M but they were expensive for
only a few tubers.

Should i have bought extra earlier in the year & stored them somehow?

I don't really want to use non certified spuds, i.e. supermarket or my
own normal crop.

Marhsalls might have a few left.

Haven't seen any in the usual retail outlets for some time now.

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk
Old 09-06-2005, 07:27 PM
Broadback

wrote:

Does anyone know where i can get seed potatoes for planting a second
crop in summer to harvest in autumn?

I've seen some being sold online by T & M but they were expensive for
only a few tubers.

Should i have bought extra earlier in the year & stored them somehow?

I don't really want to use non certified spuds, i.e. supermarket or my
own normal crop.

Marhsalls might have a few left.

Haven't seen any in the usual retail outlets for some time now.

Regards,

I always get "Nicola" potatoes for autumn planting from DT Brown, so am
able to give the family (all 17) new potatoes for our traditional family
Boxing Day get together.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:10 PM
Pam Moore

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 19:27:06 +0100, Broadback
wrote:

I always get "Nicola" potatoes for autumn planting from DT Brown, so am
able to give the family (all 17) new potatoes for our traditional family
Boxing Day get together.

Where do you grow them? Polytunnel?

Pam in Bristol
Old 10-06-2005, 04:30 PM
Registered User

I got mine from B&Q for £1.99 for about 25 seed pototoes!
Apparently a good variety too! (Maris Piper)???

Old 11-06-2005, 09:25 PM
Broadback

wrote:

I always get "Nicola" potatoes for autumn planting from DT Brown, so am
able to give the family (all 17) new potatoes for our traditional family
Boxing Day get together.

Where do you grow them? Polytunnel?

Pam in Bristol

I have raised beds. I plant them in the beds, as they grow pile grass
on top, just as I do now. Then before the first frosts cover with
enviromesh, dig Christmas day.
Old 15-06-2005, 12:01 PM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Broadback
writes

wrote:

I always get "Nicola" potatoes for autumn planting from DT Brown, so
am able to give the family (all 17) new potatoes for our traditional
family Boxing Day get together.

Where do you grow them? Polytunnel?
Pam in Bristol

I have raised beds. I plant them in the beds, as they grow pile grass
on top, just as I do now. Then before the first frosts cover with
enviromesh, dig Christmas day.

By autumn you mean September?

Do you plant in another raised bed or follow on from another potato
planting?

Sounds like a really good idea, How many do you plant as presumably the
crop will be smaller?

janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Strawberries - second crop? [email protected] United Kingdom 7 02-09-2011 03:38 PM
Tomato question -- second crop.. AndyS Edible Gardening 9 23-03-2011 06:00 PM
New spuds Anne Middleton/Harold Walker United Kingdom 12 07-07-2003 02:47 AM
Spuds Neil Trotter United Kingdom 2 13-06-2003 12:08 PM
Spuds - when to harvest? Tom Elliott Australia 4 05-04-2003 06:33 AM