GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Privet Hedge (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/9572-privet-hedge.html)

IBM 01-03-2003 08:28 PM

Privet Hedge

Anybody know somewhere to buy this in Manchester please?

Jack 01-03-2003 08:39 PM

Privet Hedge

J. Parkers. They have centres at Old Trafford and Flixton and another
somewhere around. But you can also buy online at:
http://www.jparkers.co.uk A search for "privet" will produce Golden
Privet and Green Privet. You can also get a free catalogue from them.

Hope that helps.

IBM 01-03-2003 09:22 PM

Privet Hedge

Thanks so much, Jack. This is just what I needed.

Ken Riley 03-03-2003 08:23 PM

Privet Hedge

"IBM" wrote in message
Anybody know somewhere to buy this in Manchester please?

Go and collect them in person if you possibly can. Parkers are cheap
and I'm happy to buy bulbs and seeds from them but their delivery is
usually terrible. They claim to send all plants by first class post
but if you get them within a week of posting you'll be lucky and I've
had plants that haven't arrived for about a month - the wet ones were
rotten and the dry ones dead. They are good at sending replacements
but the same thing happens so I stopped using them for live plants.

Joan in Bramhall (Cheshire)

david 07-03-2003 08:44 AM

Privet Hedge

You should be able to get green, golden, golden variegated and silver
variegated if you look hard enough, But hurry.

--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries