Old 11-06-2005, 04:42 PM
Susan

Default Good Year / Bad Year

It's a good year for clematis. It's a bad year for roses. Anyone
agree/disagree?

Old 11-06-2005, 07:09 PM
Draven

"Susan" wrote in message
It's a good year for clematis. It's a bad year for roses. Anyone
agree/disagree?

My rose look great ATM.

Old 11-06-2005, 11:24 PM
pammyT

"Susan" wrote in message
It's a good year for clematis. It's a bad year for roses. Anyone
agree/disagree?

I disagree. It's a good year for my roses and a good year for my clematis
:-)

Old 11-06-2005, 11:38 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Susan" contains these words:

It's a good year for clematis. It's a bad year for roses. Anyone
agree/disagree?

Both clematis and roses seem to be enjoying this year.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 12-06-2005, 01:47 AM
Dave

Susan writes
It's a good year for clematis. It's a bad year for roses. Anyone
agree/disagree?

Well my climbing roses are just coming into bloom with masses of
flowerheads - Dublin bay (deep red) looks really good alongside the last
of the ceanothus (pale blue) and another dark pink one is alongside the
kolkwitzia (pale pink).

And my clematis which failed early on last year are also with plenty of
flowers atm.

I notice my laurels are growing like wildfire now.

Maybe I'm just lucky with my microclimate. I know its been very dry and
much colder this year, and I've probably lost a couple of new alder
trees I planted last year.
--
David

Old 12-06-2005, 07:53 PM
Kay

In article , Dave
writes
Susan writes
It's a good year for clematis. It's a bad year for roses. Anyone
agree/disagree?

Well my climbing roses are just coming into bloom with masses of
flowerheads - Dublin bay (deep red) looks really good alongside the last
of the ceanothus (pale blue) and another dark pink one is alongside the
kolkwitzia (pale pink).

And my clematis which failed early on last year are also with plenty of
flowers atm.

I notice my laurels are growing like wildfire now.

Maybe I'm just lucky with my microclimate. I know its been very dry and
much colder this year, and I've probably lost a couple of new alder
trees I planted last year.

Being 'up north' it hasn't been dry, and flowers in general seem to be
really good this year. All my flower beds are waist deep in colour.
Lovely!

On the other hand, the mulberry hasn't had as heavy a set as last year,
figs seem to be about the same level whereas I was hoping for more, and
I think the apple crop will be down too. But strawberries are doing
well.
--
Kay

Old 13-06-2005, 10:45 AM
Stephen Howard

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 14:42:02 GMT, "Susan" wrote:

It's a good year for clematis. It's a bad year for roses. Anyone
agree/disagree?

Good for both so far.
In fact I'm a bit miffed - I was hoping to try out milk as a blackspot
preventative this year...but so far there's no need for it.

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk
Old 13-06-2005, 06:21 PM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

Susan wrote:
It's a good year for clematis. It's a bad year for roses. Anyone
agree/disagree?

All my roses and clematis are doing just fine.