Old 02-03-2003, 01:27 AM
Steve Harris

Default Cheap and Interesting seed sources

Lidl (which is one of those German supermarkets in the UK) has a display
of herb, vegetable and flower seeds. Packets are priced at 29p (small)
or 49p (large)

I noticed and/or bought: Scorzonera, French Bean: Kinghorn Wax, Kohl
Rabi. Peas: Meteor. Some of their cultivars are unknown to me, perhaps
they're more popular in Germany.

I think many gardeners will find something unusual and at very low
prices.

Last year, I had a 29p packet of sunflowers from the same source. They
grew well although a lot of the blooms were a dark red. I would have
preferred yellow but I had a guy knock on the door and ask me where he
could get seeds for these fantastic flowers!

Another cheap source of seeds (and other gardening stuff) is Wilkinsons.
Their seed range is fairly ordinary although they do have some
organics. Difficult to spend over a pound/packet.

I'm just a customer.

Old 18-03-2003, 09:00 PM
Tim Tyler

Steve Harris wrote:

: Lidl (which is one of those German supermarkets in the UK) has a display
: of herb, vegetable and flower seeds. Packets are priced at 29p (small)
: or 49p (large)

[...]

: Another cheap source of seeds (and other gardening stuff) is Wilkinsons.
: Their seed range is fairly ordinary although they do have some
: organics. Difficult to spend over a pound/packet.

CN Seeds score well on both the "cheap" and "interesting" front - IMO.

http://www.cnseeds.co.uk/

They mostly seem to do herbs and flowers - not many fruit and veg.
--
|im |yler http://timtyler.org/

Cheap sources of wood to make raised beds...? Mikey[_1_] United Kingdom 7 20-08-2009 01:43 PM
Cheap sources of seeds. James Edible Gardening 4 04-06-2007 05:57 PM
cheap parts sources sought RB Lawns 4 11-05-2006 03:17 PM
non hybrid seed sources? Hungry Edible Gardening 4 06-03-2005 10:31 PM
Cheap and interesting seeds in Lidl Steve Harris United Kingdom 3 09-02-2004 03:37 PM