Old 11-06-2005, 10:27 PM

Default Laurel Tree Pruning

Hi,
I am have a number trees/shrubs prunned this week and one of which is a
large laurel tree. I have a couple of question w.r.t this which I hope
someone will be able help out.

1)Is prunning a laurel tree in June ok ?

2) How should it prunned ? Can I use a chain saw on ?

Thanks in advance.

Pete

Old 11-06-2005, 10:41 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article .com,
wrote:

I am have a number trees/shrubs prunned this week and one of which is a
large laurel tree. I have a couple of question w.r.t this which I hope
someone will be able help out.

1)Is prunning a laurel tree in June ok ?

And in January to May, or July to December. Other times may be
better, but you will have a job killing one of those things.

2) How should it prunned ? Can I use a chain saw on ?

You can use a chainsaw on anything you can get at, including your
leg. I prefer a bowsaw, being rather attached to my legs.

Oh, you mean will it harm the laurel? See above :-) Nothing much
short of nuclear weapons will cause permanent damage in a single
action to an established laurel.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:49 AM
Alan Holmes

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
I am have a number trees/shrubs prunned this week and one of which is a
large laurel tree. I have a couple of question w.r.t this which I hope
someone will be able help out.

1)Is prunning a laurel tree in June ok ?

2) How should it prunned ? Can I use a chain saw on ?

We had a mature laurel tree cut down to about 3 feet from the ground,
it is now at least fifteen feet high!

It is practically impossible to do permanent harm to these things.

A chain saw is very effective in pruning, but take very good care of your
legs whilst using it!

--
Alan

Reply to alan (dot) holmes27 (at) virgin (dot) net

Thanks in advance.

Pete

Old 12-06-2005, 04:46 PM

Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article .com,
wrote:

I am have a number trees/shrubs prunned this week and one of which is a
large laurel tree. I have a couple of question w.r.t this which I hope
someone will be able help out.

1)Is prunning a laurel tree in June ok ?

And in January to May, or July to December. Other times may be
better, but you will have a job killing one of those things.

2) How should it prunned ? Can I use a chain saw on ?

You can use a chainsaw on anything you can get at, including your
leg. I prefer a bowsaw, being rather attached to my legs.

Oh, you mean will it harm the laurel? See above :-) Nothing much
short of nuclear weapons will cause permanent damage in a single
action to an established laurel.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Thank you to all that replied....

seems the pruning can go ahead this Wednesday and as it going to be
done
by a professional ( not me ) we should be all ok at the end !of it !!

Old 07-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Registered User

Thumbs up

Hi

On a serious note I am running low on weapons grade plutonium and have a number of large laurel trees in my garden which i am desperate to get rid of.
I have cut a few of them down but low and behold they grow back at a riduculous rate of knots.

Is there a way i can kill these brutes once and for all without having to speak to the MOD.

Help

Jones