Old 12-06-2005, 11:48 PM
Alan Holmes

Default Hozelock water timers?

I'm trying to set up a Hozelock 5800 timer, but I seem to be
too stupid to do it!

I've tried setting up the on/off times from the instructions,
but just cannot get the thing to do it properly.

I feel the instructions are a bit vague, setting the first 'on'
time is easy, but when I try to set the 'off' time it is
counting down from the 'on' time already set and you cannot
enter any other times.

Has anyone any experience of these things?

--
Alan

Reply to alan (dot) holmes27 (at) virgin (dot) net

Old 13-06-2005, 10:22 AM
John Taverner

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message
I'm trying to set up a Hozelock 5800 timer, but I seem to be
too stupid to do it!

I'm glad someone else is stupid ;-)

I gave up anf gave it to my son to programme, even he found it
difficult.......the manual is dire.

JT

Old 13-06-2005, 12:30 PM
Sla#s

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message
I'm trying to set up a Hozelock 5800 timer, but I seem to be
too stupid to do it!

I've tried setting up the on/off times from the instructions,
but just cannot get the thing to do it properly.

I feel the instructions are a bit vague, setting the first 'on'
time is easy, but when I try to set the 'off' time it is
counting down from the 'on' time already set and you cannot
enter any other times.

Has anyone any experience of these things?

Don't know if it helps but I've got the B&Q* one where you don't set an "off
time". You set a "duration".

(* on second one now as first died after two weeks.)

Slatts

Old 13-06-2005, 03:13 PM
Derek Dear

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 08:22:16 GMT, "John Taverner"
wrote:

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message
I'm trying to set up a Hozelock 5800 timer, but I seem to be
too stupid to do it!

I'm glad someone else is stupid ;-)
I gave up anf gave it to my son to programme, even he found it
difficult.......the manual is dire.

Likewise, ended up using it as a 'duration' timer, but hopefully someone has
got it too work
--

Computer Club Help Forum now on line
take the link from Local Club Website
Old 13-06-2005, 10:03 PM
keith ;-\)

Are you sure you do not set a duration time instead of a off time?I have
just got a irrigation timer from Aldi for £12.99.You can set 16 programs or
manually on & for different days. I use mine for misting my orchid
greenhouse,it comes on 4 times daily for a period of 15 mins.so you simply
set the clock/time,set the start time say 8.00am then the duration say
15mins.Set each day,so at 8.00am the timer lets water through for 15
mins,the display shows the time counting down.This one is really that
simple!

--
Thanks Keith,Nottingham,England,UK.

Old 18-06-2005, 05:42 PM
Kevin Groves

I can agree, the B&Q one you set start times each day etc and a single
duration for them all. Works fine for me.

Kev,