GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Feeding strawberries (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/95814-feeding-strawberries.html)

gasdoctor 13-06-2005 11:42 AM

Feeding strawberries

Hi,

It has been suggested that a high potash feed is recommended. This I have deduced means one high in potassium? Any suggestions ie tomato feed?

Could anyone point me in the direction of some info on fertilizers, as Im unsure as to what is consisdered high potassium (ie ratio) etc

Cheers

Ed

andrewpreece 14-06-2005 01:03 AM

--
gasdoctor

Just have a look inj your garden centre for high potash fertlisers. J Arthur
Bower does a box of Sulphate of Potash, which is about 40% Potassium
Oxide, the active ingredient. It even has a picture of a strawberry on the
front.
Other high potash feeds may have a more balanced composition with
nitrogen and phosphorus and trace elements, but you want one that that
has a good deal more potash than the other ingredients.

Ady.