Old 02-03-2003, 10:55 PM
Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

Default Horseradish...

....what does it look like? The leaves, that is. There's lots of hedgey
things and fields around here and I was hoping to find a bit to plant
(contained!) in the garden. Not being Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall though,
I've not much idea of what I'm looking for and there's bound to be a very
similar plant which will kill me deader.

Si

--
Knight of the shedi.
May the forks be with you.

ICQ 126921488

Old 02-03-2003, 11:10 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Mungo "two sheds"
Toadfoot writes
...what does it look like? The leaves, that is. There's lots of hedgey
things and fields around here and I was hoping to find a bit to plant
(contained!) in the garden. Not being Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall though,
I've not much idea of what I'm looking for and there's bound to be a very
similar plant which will kill me deader.

It's leaves are a bit like dock, but larger, shinier, tougher.
Easy to tell the difference once you know what you're looking for ;-)
Remember you need the landowner's permission before removing any plant.
And even road verges are owned.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
http://www.scarboro.demon.co.uk/garden/
Old 03-03-2003, 12:17 AM
Gary Woods

"Mungo \"two sheds\" Toadfoot" wrote:

I was hoping to find a bit to plant
(contained!) in the garden

Better you should nicely ask someone near you who has some. I suspect
they'll gladly start with a few of the small side roots, which is all you
need.
Pay no attention to the maniacal laughter as you leave...
I'd gladly give you some, but it's a bit of a trip, and our customs people
are nervous of late.

Old 03-03-2003, 08:08 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article , "Mungo \"two sheds\" Toadfoot" writes:
| ...what does it look like? The leaves, that is. There's lots of hedgey
| things and fields around here and I was hoping to find a bit to plant
| (contained!) in the garden. Not being Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall though,
| I've not much idea of what I'm looking for and there's bound to be a very
| similar plant which will kill me deader.

Don't worry - the smell is distinctive. The older leaves are like
large dock leaves, but the young ones are feathery in appearance.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679
Old 03-03-2003, 07:27 PM
Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

"Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot" wrote in
message ...

Many thanks, I'll go hunting soon.

Si

Old 03-03-2003, 07:34 PM
The Reids

Following up to Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

...what does it look like? The leaves, that is.

the leaves taste of horseradish, (you can eat **young** ones) they are
not about at the moment of course!
--
Mike Reid
Land of roast meat "http://www.fell-walker.co.uk/castile.htm"

Horseradish Tree Gae Xavier Texas 18 09-10-2005 08:45 AM
Moringa Seed - Horseradish Tree Libralove Edible Gardening 0 18-06-2003 11:56 PM
Horseradish again karen United Kingdom 2 07-05-2003 08:56 PM
Help, re horseradish karen United Kingdom 7 06-05-2003 11:20 PM
Horseradish growing ED ROGERS United Kingdom 3 03-05-2003 05:20 AM