GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Help please... to identify a few plants (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/95894-help-please-identify-few-plants.html)

steve griff 14-06-2005 04:27 PM

Help please... to identify a few plants

Hi.. having just moved to a new house and inherited some very nice farely young plants/shrubs/trees... I need to find out what they are.. if you go to
http://www.hartshorne-church.org/gal...album03&page=1

you'll see photo's.. any help would be greatly appreciated.. you could reply via this forum or even the webpage photo album as linked to above

Thanks

Steve

[email protected] 14-06-2005 10:36 PM

2 is a photinia, 7 fatsia (castor oil plant), 9 probably some kind of
birch, 12 is a cordyline (the strap leaved thing), 17 is a mahonia
Simon

andrewpreece 14-06-2005 11:36 PM

"steve griff" wrote in message

Hi.. having just moved to a new house and inherited some very nice
farely young plants/shrubs/trees... I need to find out what they are..
if you go to
http://tinyurl.com/e25fw

you'll see photo's.. any help would be greatly appreciated.. you could
above

Thanks

Steve

--
steve griff

1 Aucuba Japonica
2 Euonymus?
6 Skimmia?
8 Bamboo? or Japanese Maple?
12 Phormium or possibly a Cordyline
17 Mahonia

Andy.

Stef 15-06-2005 10:14 AM

8 is bamboo probably Pseudosasa japonica

CK 15-06-2005 10:41 AM

"andrewpreece" wrote in message

"steve griff" wrote in message

Hi.. having just moved to a new house and inherited some very nice
farely young plants/shrubs/trees... I need to find out what they are..
if you go to
http://tinyurl.com/e25fw

you'll see photo's.. any help would be greatly appreciated.. you could
above

Thanks

Steve

--
steve griff

1 Aucuba Japonica
2 Euonymus?
6 Skimmia?
8 Bamboo? or Japanese Maple?
12 Phormium or possibly a Cordyline
17 Mahonia

Andy.

1 Acuba
2 Photinia
5 Euonymus
6 Skimmia
7 Fatsia
9 Betula (Birch)
11 Callisemon
12 Phormiun and Euonymus
13 Phormiun and Euonymus and Cornus alba
14 Cornus alba
16 Acuba ?
17 Mahonia

Steve ~ it would help if all the pictures were the right way up please ???

Anyway hope my ideas help,
Chris from Somerset

steve griff 16-06-2005 10:05 AM

Many Thanks to everyone.. gr8 help & much appreciated. Sorry for most pics being on their side! at least it gave you chance to lie down to read them :-)

Thanks again
Steve

Quote:

Originally Posted by CK

Kay 16-06-2005 10:29 PM

In article , Dave Poole
writes
10: Another Malus (or the same plant?)

Are you sure about this one? Most of the leaves are folded, and it's
hard to see the shape, but there's one, on the third branch up on the
right, which looks lobed like a maple ... or am I imagining things?
--
Kay

Bob Hobden 16-06-2005 11:00 PM

"steve griff" wrote in message

Many Thanks to everyone.. gr8 help & much appreciated. Sorry for most
pics being on their side! at least it gave you chance to lie down to
read them :-)

Thanks again
Steve

Ok Steve and remember we are nothing to do with Gardenbanter, this is NOT a
Gardenbanter forum it is URG or more correctly the Newsgroup
uk.rec.gardening.
Gardenbanter seem to make out we are something to do with them, even
suggesting we are one of their forums, which isn't the case.

If you don't know about newsgroups or how to access them directly, so
cutting out the middle man, then let us know.

--
Regards
Bob

Martin Sykes 17-06-2005 09:15 AM

wrote in message
ups.com...
2 is a photinia, 7 fatsia (castor oil plant), 9 probably some kind of
birch, 12 is a cordyline (the strap leaved thing), 17 is a mahonia
Simon

ps. fatsia isn't the castor oil plant. that's ricinus. Similar shaped leaves
but more pointy and darker.

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )