Old 14-06-2005, 11:52 PM
Peter Donovan

Default Sweet Peas

Hi All,
Some ideas on sweet peas I have grown a great show of sweet peas this year
using the cordon bleue (one single stem per cane )the plants are now about
5feet tall giving stems the thickest that I have ever grown with flower
heads 4 and five to a stem stems about 18 to 24 inches in length.you might
think what is the problem?
I have a slight problem on some varieties that the flower buds drop of
before flowering.it is not birds and it only happens on one variety.Any
ideas Thanks

Old 15-06-2005, 08:17 PM
Robert

"Peter Donovan" wrote in message
: Hi All,
: Some ideas on sweet peas I have grown a great show of sweet peas this year
: using the cordon bleue (one single stem per cane )the plants are now about
: 5feet tall giving stems the thickest that I have ever grown with flower
: heads 4 and five to a stem stems about 18 to 24 inches in length.you might
: think what is the problem?
: I have a slight problem on some varieties that the flower buds drop of
: before flowering.it is not birds and it only happens on one variety.Any
: ideas Thanks
:
Usually it's a cold night time temperature but I don't know why it should
affect only one variety

is it safe to plant sweet peas in the same yard as garden peas General Schvantzkoph Edible Gardening 3 07-04-2010 12:32 AM
should I bring in the sweet peas before the snow? NAearthMOM Gardening 1 30-03-2003 05:08 PM
sweet peas Ophelia United Kingdom 4 22-03-2003 12:29 PM
Stapling sweet peas SugarChile Gardening 2 26-02-2003 05:15 PM
sweet peas-any secrets to success? NAearthMOM Gardening 12 05-02-2003 07:19 PM